No Tags Found!

usha HR

Hi
Its true but you don't udnerstand the pains of HR in corporate. THe corporate management will not giv ecomplete information and aks the HR s to complete the work. There will be a plan for recruiemtent but even though the managers and the directors know that someond is leaving the comapny and they have to replace or creating a new position, they doesn't bother to inofrm to HR to do the ground. They inofrm in last minute and say its urgent positionot be closed , after consultingwiththe ocnsultancy getting enough profiels they doesn't give feedback and at alst some reference candidate willbe selected. People think HR in a company is the root but HR has becom only a dummy in corporate . THey have to sjust follow the instructions of the directors and blamed if anything goes wrong. Employees say to HR on face that you are waste intheis organisation.
Companies recruit HR s only to be blamed.

From India, Hyderabad
vdgmhr@gmail.com
hi u are right
But Hr people also poor in this situation becoz firstly deptt.force to recruit & suddenly they told someone else is appointed.
But one thing alwz remember that Hr person cant do consultant's work so u have lots of power,so give them tit for tat
Varsha

From India, Faridabad
chandpathak

Dear Usha

I must applaud your willingness to come out with the corporate HR's point of view. Thank you for contributing your thoughts.

Yes, these kind of things happen, but I presume you can be pro active & impress upon your seniors during team meetings the necessity to plan the hiring and keep the HR in loop at various developments.

More over I feel any HR worth his salt can smell out things about people. You need to be talking to everyone in the Org, keep the senior line managers in good humour, gain every body's confidence. You are a Pro at dealing with Human Psyche. I am sure you can also rely on the grapevine to an extent in situations you mentioned.

More importantly, throw your weight with management , don't be a push over. You represent the HR community in your organization. People run organisations not computers. And YOU are the people expert in the Company. Let everybody know that!

Best of luck.

Capt Chand Pathak
Chief Operating Officer
Creative Indians - Incredibly Efficient!
(Recruitments & HR Solutions)

From India, Lucknow
durgahrp
My Dear Chandpathak,
Someone created a blog for making the unethical HR practices to realise.
I hope this will definitely help you.
blacklistcandidates.blogspot.com
You can forward the same.
Regards
Durga Gangadhar

From India, Hyderabad
indory
Dear sir,
You are correct. I have faced this day in and day out in recruitments. It is not only profiles, payments, new proposals, coming to phone, picking up the phone, replying to emails, reverting to sms's and all other attempts to speak to them.
I have interacted with recruiters in various sectors and found this practice very common in IT and ITES.
In case they thin that we are at their mercy, then their thoughts need to change at the earliest.
In my opinion, all the recruitment agencies and consulting firms need to come together at a single platform and decide whether they would like to work with such recruiters and organisations or not and if needed, ERA should intervene.
I do understand that there is a bad fish in every pond. Every recruiter needs respect and recognition of the hard work they do. It is simply insulting to ignore anyone or trying to fool others.
Thank you
Mayank Chaturvedi

From India, Delhi
durgahrp
First and foremost let me appreciate your views. We must wait when will most of the people realise and pay attention to the consultants.
A blog created by someone from the HR Consulting community for expressing the concerns and pain points like this. Please visit. May be helpful for you.
blacklistcandidates.blogspot. com

From India, Hyderabad
chandpathak

Dear Durga
Thanks for the link to the blogspot.
It can prove very useful, but I think, We need to create a group actually where in names and details of these candidates are floated to all the Group members on a daily basis. I feel the numbers on the blog are too few. We ourselves may be having around 25-30 candidates which we have internally blacklisted. Imagine the acummulated Nos of 1000 consultants across India!!!
Best wishes

From India, Lucknow
ramnaikd
Currently I am working as a HR-Manager in IT company from last one year. But i want to change industry to big comapany so plz could you help me.
------------------
Thanks & Regards
RAM NAIk
E-Mail ID:ramnaikd@gmail.com

From India, Hyderabad
Debashish.imtgzb
Hi Capt Pathak,

There is a need to need to awaken the overall consince of the HR Nanagers,.

I myself worked in a corprorate HR in BPO company and I must admit that unethical practices are openly followed in the HR detts of BPO and IT companies.
Individual greed takes precendence over consience leading to following of unethical practices by the HR guys. If someone does not follow the unethical practices, he is treated as an outcast not only by his colleages but also his managers. They try get get rid of him through by framing him in some controversy or the other.

In the BPO company, I was handling the refernce chks of the employees who have been selected. My job was top call the employees previous mangers and enquire about the overback of the selected candidate. Sometimes I have found that the candiadate had performed very badly in his previous organisation asnd asked to leave. Some employees even had a criminal backgound in the past. But I was forced by my HR Manager, not to report it or disclose it and that person is taken on-board.

The main reason behind this was (as I came to know lateron ) was that the HR manager had been promised some share of the commision to be given to the consultant. The employee needs to stay in the comapny for three months before the amount is disbursed by the company, then only the HR Manager can claim his share of commision from the consultant.

In way many employees ued to taken on board despite having a duboius past track record. I also could not open my mouth, for the fear of losing my job, as I could go againt my manager and report his wrongdoings the Vice President(HR), being close to the VP, he will from frame with some trumped up charges and get me termonated instead.

Hence my suggestion will be, that the consultant, should be ethical from his side an conduct a proper backgound check before sending the candiadte to the client.

The consultant firms should form an assosciation or union of their own and get it registered by the government. They should lobby for their rights and voice their grievances through these registered asssociations. As rightly said before, they need to severe ties from such companies, who are following such unethical practices. They do so in an organised manner through their assosiations, asking all the member firms in the association not to provide any manpower to any corposrate firm, which follows such unethical practices.

Regards---
Debashish Pal

From India, Delhi
harikeyel
Capt. Pathak, Please do not blame the entire community for just a few black sheeps. Also, I am pained to see the way many have responded. We should not generalise the episode.. Regards, Hari
From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.