No Tags Found!

preeti3

Hi Shewta,
Don't leave job, be there and face it i assure you things will change definitely my personal experience says this. Please read my posting "what does admin assistant mean"
Keep doing your work honestly and your honest work will get noticed one day by your boss. It was the same even i can worse situation with me few years back but now my boss is very nice with me and involves me in almost all things. My honest work is blessed even yours will be blessed so dont leave job impulsively
Dont take too much of tensions and never get frustrated.
Cheers,
Preeti

From India, Mumbai
Harman_hrm
Hi Shweta
Ur problem is same as I have dealt with few months earlier.
My boss was also so much rude, strict and a person full of anger. According to my experience just stick as much you can and learn how to deal with a tough person, I have learnt and hopes same for you.
Actually it will help in your future life.
But also have some other options in your hand, as some times such kind of boss hits your confidence.
Regards
Harman

From India, Chandigarh
subhaga2

Dear Swetha,
Leaving an organization, for the simple reason, that the Boss is rude, is not a solution at all. You have to analyze as to why the Boss acts in the way he does. What makes him to behave like that has to be found out. Those of you who are effected may be many and all of you join together to mend his ways. If you cannot change, you have to change your attitude is an adage that can be followed.
Subba Rao Bhagavatula.

From India, Hyderabad
rupamdas
Hi Shweta,

Hope that this is not too late a reply. Well, as most people are saying I too would suggest you to stick on for sometime else you could be branded as a job-hopper. No HR in a potential co. will take "tough boss" as a reason for changing jobs. So you may have to create a story to support your decision.

But there is another aspect of this I would like you to consider. I have worked with a very tough and unreasonable boss recently. So I can relate to your current dilemma. But do one, take time and think about the exact nature of the treatment given to you by your boss. Is it criticism or is it disregard of your work? If it is criticism then it means that probably your boss expects more out of you. In such a case before you do your work, understand clearly what the boss expects and do accordingly. Before you do your work, create a list of deliverables that you feel you need to do and get an acceptance from your boss that they ARE the outputs that he/she is looking for. Still if the behaviour continues then surely something is wrong. Don't get into habit of avoiding your boss and communicating only through mails. Mails can never tell you the exactness of a work. Its best heard from the origin of work.

If its disregard then it means that you are breaking your head against a stone. Second type boss indicates that if you stay you will not get any hikes or promotions or good appraisals even if you think that you are a star performer. I have faced such condition in my own life. Also if you keep increasing your output levels without any acceptance or acknowledgement from your boss, it means that he/she is just interested in the work you do. Whether you die or live while working is not in his/her interest. YOU do not matter to the boss! In such a situation its best to realise your own potential and accordingly take the option to change jobs or keep facing the flak daily. I chose to quit :)

Hope this is helpful to you!

Cheers!
Rupam

From India, Madras
sangeet54
Dear Shweta,
I think you should consider it as a learning experience.job hopping cannot be a solution because you never what kind of boss you get there.Managing difficult people is a part of life and Im sure dealing with him wil omly make you stronger.
Take Care
Regards
Sangeet

Shantanu Jahagirdar
Dear Friend,
Firstly let me tell you something about myself then only consider my views.
I am pursuing my MBA from a reputed institute.During my course I came in contact with a person who is havin a ex of 16 yrs,to whom i asked the same question that u have right now.The answer that he gave was simple,give your best.Boss are to critisize.They will do the same unless u give ur level best.But remember it is upto professional work,if he is going on personal,then remember u r the employee of the company not of the boss.Always give ur best,show him that what u(boss) r expecting is nothing for me.For me sky is the limit n want to do better than ur(boss) expectations.My guru was a country head of a company n was a MKTING person b4 he switchd on for phd study.
You decide whether i am right or not,bcoz ur too senior to me.But one thing i learned from that guru was to "people r to throw stones towards u,so place urself t that position whr thr stones dont reach" n to do so is the only way PERFORMANCE.
Sorry if u think im boosting something which cannot b practically executed.

BEST EXAMPLE IS OF "PHLIPS" , A SWIMMER IN THE OLYMPICS WHO SAID I DONT WANT TO B "2nd SPLITZ,I WANT TO B 1st PHLIPS" AND HE DID THE SAME.

From India, Pune
rajsawster

Hello Sweeta,

I would like to advise you that this is challenging work enviornment and such low patience people are result oriented and and frustrate with constraints of resourcefulness of the company which altmately outburst into cynical behaviour. In such enviornment either you will be appreciated or may you land up in trouble. Presuming the worst thing first better decide on the business priorities organise meeting and delibration on issues priorities, take some initiatives and try to divert attention of staff on some constructive work in office and try to bring change in work climate to keep aside the behaviour of your boss not to affect employees morale and remember donot confront with you boss. Just focus on your HR priorities and organise official meetings and discussions creating good business case in the forum. This activities will ensure your commitment and focus on your role which altimately bring good solutions. Individual behaviour can never be hinderance to the growth of others if they knows for what purpose hey are being recruited.

Regards

Sawant

From Saudi Arabia
syedazra
It is a great learning experience. Running away from a situation is no good. Take the criticism positively, emerge as a winner..... my experince says this will teach u loads of situaion handling in both personal and professional life.... be a sport i m sure u will be successful........
All my best wishes for the courage u shld have to win the criticism of ur boss for yourown benefit of future......

From India, Hyderabad
n@@pur
hiiiiiii really very nice situation!!!!!!!!!
confused of what i m saying??????????
okkkkkkkk let me explain this situation to you.......don take this situation negatively........BE POSITIVE...i want this only frm u.......
let your boss be rude...don see him how his behaviour is.......let urself to be sweet......do ur work sincerely.....and after completing ur work when u r going to report him just ignore what he is saying bad----only accept that which u wanna take frm him --that is appreciation.....means go to his room-face him---listen only good and ignore bad words.....when u come out of the room throw the bad words in his room only.......and if he appreciate u in ne case take that words with u only........okkkkkkkkkkkkkk..............so don worry....be happy....
AND YO DON FORGET TO SAY THANX AFTER HE CRITISIZE U!!!!!!!!!
BE POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

From India, Delhi
moorthysan
Hi Swetha It is not a big issue that the boss is rude. Keep silent on his behaviour and admit when we are wrong. krishnamoorthy
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.