Anonymous
Hi, One of my colleagues in my ex-company misused my relieving letter as he left the organization without serving the notice period and made use of my relieving letter's soft copy to edit it with his details and used it with his next company. This issue came to light when he was caught by my ex-company during his background verification and they also figured out that it was my relieving letter that he had used as template.

Now, my ex-company is giving negative feedback for me that I misused my relieving letter to help my colleague. I tried to explain to them that I was not aware of his intentions initially. But their statement is, that I should have shared it with anyone whether i was aware or unaware of his intentions, as its a confidential document provided to me. How do I deal with this situation?

From India, Coimbatore
Dinesh Divekar

Dear member,

What is confidential in the relieving letter? Nothing! In today's world, anything and everything can tampered. Therefore, why your ex-company is making a fuss about the relieving letter is not understood.

Anyway, if the company plays a heavy hand, as an employee or ex-employee we should allow them to do so. I recommend you ask for a personal interview with the MD of the company and explain to him/her that the sharing of the reliving letter was unthoughtful action.

Even if the ex-company considers it is an offence, they have given you a punishment by giving negative feedback 1-2 times. However, if do it repeatedly, then it would be punishment multiple times for the same offence. This is against Indian jurisprudence. It will destroy your career. Therefore, it is time for them to pardon you and move on.

Hope the above formula works.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.