No Tags Found!

mukeshvidyarthi
Hi,
Thanks for updating the new problem for HR. Its not a personal matter if employees are accountable to his or her work an they are just wasting time either in Balcony or incafeteria. I think Hr deptt has clearly given the induction and orientation training at the time of joining in which all things are mentioned including tea time and lunch time. If employees are in Balcony or cafeteria after break time kindly try to maintain a manual register that would be updated by security card how many people are leaving and at what time. after 10 days please collect the data how much time he was out and call that employee in a friendly manner and try to convince them .If the problem will still exist you can send the warning mail to that employee by marking to his or her reporting boss.
Hope problme will be sorted out after that.
Regards
Mukesh

From India, New Delhi
Deepali Nanekar
I agree with deepak....

Dear Urvashi,

Firstly please check if there is any substance to this matter or they are only rumors. Secondly, evaluate their performance, if they are good/ averages then you have an option of “job rotation” by shifting them into different departments/ sections/ shifts. Thirdly, if you find any change in their performance, office environment, then matter will resolve there itself. Otherwise you can give them a verbal warning (each personally). But do keep your MD/ CEO loop/updated in regards to above said/done.

Rgds,
deeps

From India, New Delhi
Garima.R.Mittal

Hi Urvashi,
Yes I too feel that the best way is to talk to them and tell them that it is being notice by many people and can hamper there performance if they do not concentrate in there work and give more time to it.
Regards
Garima Mittal

From India, Gurgaon
gs_rao1971

Hi Urvashi,
Please note the following things :
1. Try to observer their performance including their previous performances and also locate their personal files.
2. Find out the targets being assigned to them vs results
3. Also chek out the outcomes
4. Find out the weak areas and highlite the same to the immediate reporting manager and next level manager. You can only resolve this issue only by doing these kind of stuff. You need to have sufficient proof of background in this activity. If not proved you will be in trouble. Kindly remember this.
However, I suggest you do not interfere in their personal lifes. Afterall we as a HR are concerned only to their targets, roles and responsibilities.
Like this are 'n' number of ways to prove. However, this needs to presented with a lot of proofs.
regards,
Srinivas Gannavarapu

From India, Hyderabad
radheshyam_m
Hi Urvashi Verma,

Have u any policy regarding the break and cafeteria timing if yes than gave tham a memo and if no than make circular about the timings and mentioned in that they have to follow it strictly otherwise management will take a serious action against them.

Company is giving salary for the work what they have to do and if they are not giving their performance their duties allocated to them.

Being a hr personnel have to take strict decision against them because they are spoiling the discipline of the company.

Regards

Maharana

From India, Mumbai
shiuly

hi,
i am also facing a quite similar problem but the problem is that employees are spending more time in cafeteria, l have approach a few people and ask them not to sit for long hours as this is affecting the work culture of our organisation. let`s see the result of good communication, i think the best way to solve a problem is communication.:)

rkp_lucknow
Hi Urvashi,
Plz don't bother about such problems bcz it could be happend in some organization but it became problematic on legal side that u can't interfere in their personal problems.
Sometime we also use to face such problems but we use to take care and keep any eye not on their personal issues but on their responsibilites and duties.
So, analyze their performance, pendency, time factor, leasure time and u may issue a letter on these topics only and i hope that u will get the solution.
raj
lucknow

From India, Gurgaon
Rakesh1231
I think I agree with RK. Donn,t delay in ur action, what u decide to do, otherwise it shall be late. Make them acountable for what they have to do in the office. Regards, Rakesh
From India, Mumbai
vijayunny
Hi all
joined after a long Fundoo Break . Yes i agree in totality with Sridhar that one must check out with the TLs first & assess if the work is being hampered or not & not disturb the love birds if everything is fine ? than burning your fingers un necessarily ?:icon5:
Thanks
Vj

From India, New Delhi
daleep shimla

Hi Urvashi,
This is not only your problem but it is very comon in todays scenario, Especially in IT and BPO sector. As you have mentioned that they spend most of their time in cafeteria and dont allow their partner to talk to others. You need to counsel them for this situation. You need to give their relation a direction and setup a healthy work environment. Because it has been seen in some organisation that some times such relationships are fruitfull for the company. It leads to decrease in absentieesm and attrition rate. But counsling and review of their assignments/projects is must. But any of your decission should not let them feel that you are interfaring in their personal life and should not be on the cost of productivity.
Daleep Sharma

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.