Puneet1012
Hi All, I am working in the organization, where I used to receive my salary in 2 parts, ie. from 2 company accounts, my salary is 70k, and from one company account they are giving me 35 k and from another account, they are deducting my TDS and giving me 31500 every month, but suddenly last month they have deducted my 7k as TDS and told me that they have shown my salary from one company. Is it correct?

Please help.

From India, Noida
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

The employer is liable to deduct TDS on salary at the time of making the payment to the employee. The TDS rate on salary depends on the income you receive from your employer, based on which you fall into different tax slab rates. If the whole salary 70k is released by single entity then there are chances of they deducting the equivalent TDS.

From India, Madras
raghunath_bv

Hi Puneet,
For specific and accurate advice, you should consult a tax professional or the relevant authorities in your jurisdiction.

It seems like there might be a misunderstanding or a change in the way your organization is processing your salary. Here are a few things to consider:

Tax Deducted at Source (TDS): TDS is a method of collecting income tax in India. Employers deduct a certain amount from your salary and deposit it with the government on your behalf.

Salary Structure: The way your salary is structured can affect how much TDS is deducted. If your salary is shown as 35k from one company and 35k as TDS, this would imply a total of 70k, which matches your total salary. However, if they have shown 42k from one company and deducted 7k as TDS, this would also result in a net of 35k.

Income Tax Slabs: Depending on your total annual income, you may fall into different tax brackets. This will affect the percentage of TDS that is deducted.

Consult a Tax Professional: It's highly recommended to consult a tax professional who is familiar with the tax laws in your country and can review your specific situation. They will be able to provide accurate advice and guide you on what steps to take.

Communicate with HR or Finance: If you believe there has been a mistake, it's important to communicate with your organization's HR or finance department. They should be able to explain the changes in your salary structure and TDS deductions.and the specifics of tax laws can vary by country, and even within regions of a country, hence it's crucial to get advice that's specific to your situation and location.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.