Anonymous
My mother wants to transfer all her assets to my name, what is the best and easiest way to do so?
From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

What type of Assests movable or immovable?

The transfer of a property as a gift, has to be backed by a registered instrument or document, signed by or on behalf of the person gifting the property. The gift deed from father to son should also be attested by at least two eyewitnesses.

From India, Madras
aussiejohn

This is a forum for HR related questions and discussions. Your question is better suited to be asked in the CiteLegal forum.
From Australia, Melbourne
domain-experts

Hi,

Please do check whether she wants to transfer moveable or immovable assets? Also clarify whether the assets should be transferred during her lifetime or after her lifetime.

As there is an app called yellow. It is a Will making app which helps users list down all their assets and distribute it to the people they wish to under a Will. I found this app extremely helpful.

From India, Bengaluru
pvenu1953@gmail.com

Assets that are immovable could be transferred through a duly executed gift deed. Except in case of Muslims, the deed needs to be registered.

Another option is bequeathing through a duly executed Will. Registration is not mandatory. However a Will takes effect only after the lifetime of the testator. Moreover, a Will could be revised or cancelled or revised at anytime during the testator's lifetime; in case of two Wills, the latter one prevails. In certain cases, a Will requires to be probated.

Gift as well as Will deeds are required to be attested at least by two witnesses.

From India, Kochi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.