Ash Mathew

In my co (The largest manufacturer of Terry towels in the world - well, we are the Best and sole suppliers to the white house) - The MD has the habit of gifting the costly & luxurious towel / bath sets to clients & impt guest as a compliment. One day - one such towel set was kep in a room & it went missing. Right from the GM - to peon level: everyone's place was thoroughly checked. (Not because we did not trust anyone, its because we did not want anyone to feel targeted in particular) We were able to find the "person who was so much in love with the towels and kept it for himself/herself" :-)

So this suspension need not be targeted. Its good he was suspended in the beginning else - after the second theft, he would have been misunderstood. Its okay.... and - Rs. 10,000 matters to them! (Hello - its 10,000 today & 1,00,000) tommorow.

The usage of "licking one's feet" and "targeting" is just an outburst of emotions not in control. was not necessary.

Maybe the Mgmnt had a plan behind the suspension - to know who exactly is the culprit. It worked I guess.

And this person here who is talking about revenge & leaving the company...

Why would you want to leave if your innocence is proved - Mgmnt will be more careful with you in future. What will you say and leave "Hey they doubted I stole the money" Or "career growth"?

The latter one you would say - but think. Dont let your mental tension decide you to take a decision. Yes self esteem matters. FOr that talk to your MD when he comes back and ask them why you were treated so badly. You will have the answer there - whther to continue or leave!

Take time to think in a calm atmosphere. Dont let unnecessary thoughts stop you from thinking effectively.

From India, Madras
bhatta72
Dear raj kumar ji, My thoughts are very similliar to yours but my dadds thoughts are similliar to Mathew saab.And i think Peer saab misunderstood some points in my posting which i have explained in details to him in e mail.Ihope Peer saab would put up my e mail and his advice shortly.
From India, New Delhi
bhatta72
sir Is it possible for a pa to ask a chairman of a 5000 crore buisness why was i treated so badly?
From India, New Delhi
Vasant Nair

Dear Friend,

The employer is within his rights to suspend an employee pending enquiry into the allegations made out against him/her(employee).

The suspension order must be followed by a detailed Charge Sheet and the concerned employee has to be given a fair and proper opportunity to explain his/her side of the story.

Also, the suspended employee is legally entitled to receive subsistence allowance of 50% wages for the first 90- days and thereafter 75% of his/her wages until the investigations are completed in accordance with the principles of Natural Justice.

In your case the suspension is illegal in that you have not been allowed subsistence allowance which the law provides. Also, you have not been issued a Charge Sheet calling upon you to explain your side of the story. This action will not stand the test of law.

You could make a detailed representation stating that the action taken against you is violative of the legal provisions and in total violation of the principles of Natural Justice. Indicate that your lawful entitlement of subsistence allowance has been denied to you. Demand that this be paid to you immediately.

Mention in you representation that you have not been told anything about the charges that have been levelled against you and that you have not been given any opportunity to tell your side of the story and prove your innocence.

In light of such facts that you will mention in your representation ask of immediate reinstatement in service with full back wages and clearly state that you are absolutely innocent and that you have done nothing to deserve such shoddy treatment.

Do this and come back to us and I will be gald to advise you on further course of action, if required.

Chers!!!

Vasant Nair

Email:

From India, Mumbai
Ash Mathew

Why not?
What makes you think money is rated above you? If it were not for people like you, your chairman would have not seen or even heard about a crore.
You have a reason, so stand up and ask why you were treated. Because your chairman is not a being with no life - he is a human too. You could talk to him and tell him that yoyu felt really bad - but waited for the truth to come out. Even after the truth is out, you have not been treated the way you are supposed to be.

From India, Madras
parasurampur

I dont understand what is the problem with you (Mr. Bhatta) to contact their HR people directly, since suspension period is over.
You are suspended for one month, that period is over, what is the necessity for you to wait for their call? why dont you approach them?
Even if you are waiting for the return of Chairman and your Boss, then also you can get the knowledge on the ground realities, before their arrival.

From India, Hyderabad
bhatta72
Parasurampur ji ,mathew saab,rajkumar ji, My suspension letter was not official thou i am a permanent employee this might be that the chairman didnot want to make the matter official. So now if i go to the hr dept would it not be against the chrmn (propritor)?NOw say isay what Mathew saab has said and the chrmn ask me to join back duty do i tell him i want a compensation. And if i say that no chrmn would like it.So i have to bear the rape of my self esteem for existance? What else can i do at the age of 38 with kids?I cannot run my family on a beetle shop.SO IF ANY ONE CAN ADVICE putting himself on my shoes i would love to teach a lesson to this chrmn that i have a heart.
From India, New Delhi
Raj Kumar Hansdah

My dear Peer Sahib

I am SHOCKED at your vicious attack on me, without any provocation.

I am not surprised, though; as such thing keep happening around the world and even in India.

Without going much into the sordid and nasty content of your mail, I just want to say

- WHATEVER I EXPRESSED ARE SOLELY MY PERSONAL OPINION which I am entitled to.

My earlier post was just an expression of SHOCK and OUTRAGE for such blatant victimization; where a person who has been a PA for Chairman, for quite some time, is ACCUSED OF THEFT by the Chairman himself, that too of only Rs. 10,000/ - which for all you know had been MISPLACED OR LOST.

The point to be noted is - The money was not even placed in the custody of the person, nor there is any proof of its existence. Its just one person's word against another. And if a person does such a thing, to his immediate sub-ordinate and PA (PA's are supposed to know even CONFIDENTIAL matters), then it stands to reason, that the senior person is using his AUTHORITY to harass an innocent subordinate.

I don't know what such persons are called in the world to which Peer Sahib belongs. But in rest of the civilized and Western world, if such people are Heads of organization/office/country etc. they are known by the term Despot, Dictator etc. and that is the term I used.

Peer Saheb, May be you should teach me, because I do not know anything about you and your culture/place/nation/organization etc. where accusation of theft, which prima facie seems to be false, is not a big thing.

But in India, it is such an outrageously shameful accusation, that the accused may not be able to show their face to the world, they may even commit suicide.

Please TRY to be sensitive, though I doubt very much that you can be, coz one needs a soft kind heart which you definitely lack- WHICH IS EVIDENT FROM THE VICIOUS WAY YOU ATTACKED ME.

Please try to put yourself in the shoes of that person, to FEEL WHAT HE MUST BE GOING THROUGH.

Just imagine, if this has happened to you.

Would you be the PA of such a person, who will implicate you on a false charge of stealing Rs. 10,000 ??

I am not talking about you (since I do not know you), but no self-respecting person would work under such humiliating condition. In fact, personally, I would prefer to starve to death, than to work under such humiliation.

I have tried my best to understand the person affected, share his pain, sorrow and anguish; and counselled him not to indulge in "revenge", but to definitely protest; and if not, seek another employment.

I am happy that he is feeling fine and competent to handle his affairs.

Let me tell you that if you wish to counsel a person, you can not do it by sitting in a high chair. You have to be WITH the person, and take out his anguish first.

I have explained, what I wanted to.

I do not wish to comment upon the derogatory portions and the derogatory nature of your post. Kindly do not make this forum your personal battlefield.

But if you are unable to rein in your hard-core viciousness and cruel temperament, you can keep on attacking me or others; but I may refuse to respond to your terrorizing posts, as I value my time which can be spent on other peaceful matters.

Thanks for the only thing I liked in your post - your suggestion that becoming an English Professor; I love the language and literature and the fact that it is a symbol of love, peace, equality, justice and enlightenment and does not brew enmity or religious bigotry and fanaticism.

From India, Delhi
Ash Mathew

Dear Bhatta,

Tit for tat does not work here. The sweetest form of revenge is - to be good to your enemy. To look at them with compassion. Forgive them - money / wealth / status has all blinded their hearts. I am sure if it was many years back, wealthy people never used to be this bad at heart. Now they say "World is changed, we can't worry over small people"

They call us small people - but people with a great heart are not small. Don't think about revenge all - that is not our responsibility on earth, don't make God feel relaxed :-) he will take care of it.

Nio harm in talking to your chairman and asking him if you can continue with them, as you have only served them with a clean heart and mind. Ask them if they are still suspicious. This can break their heart and feel bad.

When you take revenge, they will only try to put you down by saying, afterall I am the chairman, what can a PA do?

But if you approach them and ask them to look at the situation, and just let them know that you felt bad.... things will be different.

Stay away from Revenge, stay away from creating more depression in mind.

From India, Madras
pon1965

Mr.Raj Kumar & Mr.Peer,
Let us encourage healthy discussions. After all we do not know each other by face but all are endevouring to give their opinion or advises to the members who are in need of help. If we shed our superiority complex or ego, every thing will go smooth. Let us not the personal animosity to grow further. I request both of you to refrain from issuing rejoinders or counter rejoinders from now on.

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.