Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rohit,

Para-wise replies are as below:

In an IT firm for 9 years exp candidate...the company ask to provide last 5 years details for BG verification, and than ask to provide full employment details for visa purpose and employment purpose...now if the 1st company is closed will it be a problem , as supporting to that only service certificate is there.

Your duty is to provide service certificate from your previous companies for background verification purposes. Now closure of the company is beyond your control. If the company is closed then BG verification agency should go little deeper and find out whether the company existed or not. This is why these people are hired. Doing BG verification where company is still in existence does not require great brains or special expertise.

if the company is asking for last 5 years details for bg verification than why company is asking for full emplyment details...please let us know on this

I don't know why company should ask for complete employment details that too with certificates. In your case you are visiting some foreign country on behalf of your employers. You are not going on your own. Therefore, your employers supposed to vouch for the veracity of your citizenship. For issuing Visa, all that is required is your CV in single A4 sheet.

Secondly, visa is issued based on the invitation by your client at the foreign country as well. When your employers are ready to vouch for you, if your employer's customer is ready to invite you then where is the problem?

Why don't you check with your HR department? Have you spoken to them? Find out what they say. By the way which foreign country will you visit?

You may also check with the agencies that issue visa about the documentation requirement. My own case is still little different. I am a freelancer. I don't have company on my own. Neither I am working anywhere since last five years. Even then also while going to Nigeria, I did not face major problem as such. Visa agent had kept soft and hard copies of all the certificates with him as standby measure but these were not required.

In some IT companies HR derive cynic pleasure in troubling software professionals. In one of the NHRD Meeting of Bangalore Chapter one senior HR professional had openly told this and nobody contradicted on this. Is this what happening in your case?

Ok...

Dinesh V Divekar

From India, Bangalore
rohit_kapoor88
Hi
Thanks for the reply..no I am not facing any problem..so far I know if a partnership firm is closed than no one can blame a candidate becoz for thes firms registration is not required...
secondly ur correct..for visa purpose they are looking for all certificates but for BG last 5 yrs...anyways thanks ...

From United States, Cambridge
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.