JustD0It
Hi all,
This article is basically regarding my friend. He was working in a bpo for close to 6years. One day he is suddenly called and asked about the routine work that he did couple of years back. They are into financial transactions and one of the customers account was activated by my friend on a day and closed it the next day. Between account reopen and closed some fraud happened which my friend is not aware of, and this incurred a loss to his company. This happened couple of years from now and he is suspended, suspecting him to be involved in fraud.

After few months now, he gets a letter stating that he is involved in fraud, were as my friend denies it. Please suggest some options he has as a humble worker for a considerable amount of time in one company. What should be his stands in such scenario.

Thanks a lot,

Regards
JustD0It

From India, Bangalore
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear JustD0It
Welcome to CiteHR.com !!
What has happened with your friend can be called a 'professional hazard'; and what needs to be done is to ascertain and ensure that 'principles of natural justice' are being followed by the company.
Your friend is entitled to get an opportunity to represent himself in the departmental enquiry; for subsistence allowance during prolonged suspension; etc.
His stand should be of being truthful about the incident and not to be intimidated.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
JustD0It
Thanks a lot Raj for your inputs. I was speaking to him about this issue the other day. He says he was not given a chance to put forth his clarification. Rather a charge sheet was sent to him informing the charges against him and after he replying to the charge sheet, he was informed that he is terminated. He is totally confused now. For spending a considerable amount of time in a company and getting a return this way is some thing he never expected. Added to this, apart from the charge sheet, no evidence was ever discussed or shown to him that my friend is involved in any fraud whatsoever. Request you to suggest some options he as?
Thanks for your help once again.
Awaiting your response.
JustD0It

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.