akansha-bhatt
I am a Marketing head in my company and have started taking on the responsibility of an HR. I wanted to know is that "Are HR responsible for explaining the annexure to an employee"?.
From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Akansha Bhat,

Whatever the query may be, the HR professionals are expected to reply to the queries the employees raise. In your query, you have not mentioned the main document of which the annexure is a part. What is the heading of the annexure and what are its contents? If it pertains to employment, then rather than waiting for the query, the HR professionals may explain it proactively.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
akansha-bhatt
Thank you Dinesh Divekar. I am renewing the appointment letter for all the employees with their increment letter and the revised annexure.
From India, Mumbai
Madhu.T.K

Renewal of appointment letters? Why? Letters communicating the revised salary is normally in practice but the appointment letter being a contract of employment will not be renewed across the company. This is because changing the clauses of appointment letter will involve changes in the conditions of service, and in respect of employees who do not have managerial functions this would attract violation of section 9A of the Industrial Disputes Act. Therefore, due care should be taken while changing the appointment order. At the same time, if you wish to make amendments, the same can be made by means of a notice with a copy marked to the Labour Officer concerned.

Regarding annexure to the revision letters, I would say that if the employee is not convinced of any component of salary, the conditions for its earning, certainly, the HR has to explain it. After all, it is the duty of the HR to take care of the grievances, make the employee know the matters connected with the employment in the language which is acceptable to him.

From India, Kannur
andrew-white
Dear Akansha Bhat,

Regardless of the nature of the query, HR professionals are expected to respond to the concerns raised by employees. In your query, you haven't specified the main document to which the annexure belongs. Could you please provide the heading of the annexure and its contents? If it relates to employment matters, HR professionals may proactively explain it rather than waiting for inquiries.

Thank you.

Dinesh Divekar

Dear Mr Andrew White,

While giving the replies to the queries raised by the members, the respondents are expected to be authentic. However, you have copied my reply (placed as the second post of this thread) and then revised it using AI-assisted software like ChatGPT.

The replies should be bona fide. Yes, writing genuine replies is time-consuming, but the activity stimulates one's grey cells. I request that you refrain from excessive dependence on AI-assisted software, lest you run the risk of making your cerebral activities sluggish.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
saswatabanerjee

Dear Akanksha

It is always the responsibility of the person issuing a document to ensure
a. it is clear, concise and easy to understand
b. people read and understand it

Therefore, it will be the responsibility of HR, as the issuer of a document, to explain the contents of the annexure. Whether it is to be done only to the persons who come and ask for explanation or whether it should be explained in a company-wide meeting, depends no the circumstances.

If the person does not understand the annexure, the same has no meaning, either as a process (to ensure people follow it) or even in a court of law if it is proved that no one understood it.

From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

Dear Dinesh,
As per your argument using the latest software is sluggish to an answer of Ms. Andrew White, it appears silly,then people should not use computers and they should go back to the era of typewriters, and stone-age. I have gone through your replies wherein it doesn't relate to the query asked,except for some general advise and that doesn't resolve the issues.

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

Dear Dr Raghunath, Dinesh has not said that people should not use computers nor did he intend to say that we should go back to the era typewriters and stone age. He only said that we should refrain from excessive dependence on AI-assisted software. Why he said like that? because Ms/ Mr. Andrew White just copied Dinesh's comment and pasted as his/ her comment. In real HR scenarios, I would also say that, the AI assisted software cannot provide a solutions.
From India, Kannur
raghunath_bv

Mr. Madhu,
Thanks for the clarification, I have seen your solutions in the portal, mostly it pertains to compliance part of the HR. You might have gone through I have suggested your name for HRs to be contacted for the compliance part. Good Work. Keep it up.
Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.