chaitra_krishnaiah

Dear Seniors, Could you please provide me more information on UTN number? Should the company be making this for the employees or will the individual need to apply. Kindly help. Best Regards,
From India, Bangalore
Divya_w
Hi, UTN stand for the Unique Transaction Number the TDS paid by the Company. IT enable proper tracking of TDS payments to once account. The UTN will be given by depository NSDL to those whose tax is deducted or collected at source and individual assessees could get the numbers from deductors. To make use of the cerdit of the TDS individuals / Companies were expected to quote UTN in there income tax return. However, the requirement is relaxed for this year.
From India, Mumbai
chaitra_krishnaiah

Hi Divya,
Thank you for the reply. I understand that UTN is relaxed for this year, however we need to start the process of applying so that we would have the UTN by next year. Do we have to relax for time being or should we start the process for applying?
Could you please let me know the Form number for applying UTN.

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.