nitinshrm15

Dear Seniors,
According to law there are many legal rules & regulation which apply after 240 days so please tell me how to convert the 240 days in months. It should be divided by 26 or 30.
Thanks & Regard's
Nitin Sharma

From India, Delhi
Deepak Chowdhary

This shall be done on working days ... Seconldy, if its contractual then needs to confirm ..
From India, Delhi
PRTR

Dear Nitin,
As per law 15 EL should be given to an employee which an employee has to earn every month by working minimum 20 days in that particular month.
If you calculate every month working days are 26 & in the month of feb it is 24 you may calculate:-
26*11=286 + 24(Feb) = 310/20=15 (EL)
Hope i have made you clear, still you have any query please write to me.
Thanks!!
Happy Holi!!

From India, Mumbai
Shrikant_pra

The 240 days referred to are working days in a calender year. There is no reason for one to consider monthly apportioning of the 240 days. These are the minimum working days of a whole calender year.
If you see section 79 (2) of The Factories act, 1948 it mentions the relevance of 240 days: 240 days as fraction of 365 days of year is two-third.
The max possible working days of a year will be: 365 - 56 = 309 (52 weekly-offs+ 4 national holidays) . Therefore 26 (309 / 12=25.75) are considered as the max working days of a month.

From India, Mumbai
bunti

As per understanding there should be more than 240 days in a calendar year for availing statutory benefits & thease 240 should be net working days .
From India, Velluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.