No Tags Found!

Rekha

Hi All,

Akshardham Complex, New Delhi Megathread.

After 5 years of non-stop, round-the-clock construction, the massive and awesome Akshardham Temple Monument to World Peace was inaugurated today. The Akshardham Temple in New Delhi, India, constructed by the BAPS foundation -- the builders of the various Swaminaryan Temples across the world, is truely a modern day Wonder of the World.

It is one of the biggest and most intricate religious places of worship ever constructed. Combining several completely different and contrasting architectural styles of Hindu temple architecture of northern India -- Rajasthani, Orrisan, Gujarati, Mughal and Jain -- the Akshardham Monument is entirely constructed of marble and the red-sandstone that Delhi is famous for, and that so many of her monuments are constructed of. It was completed in only 5 years a world record of sorts

So after years of waiting, the Temple was yesterday opened to the public -- and to photographers. Below is the New Delhi Akshardham Complex as seen through the eyes of a BAPS photographer. The pictures are a great many and will take a long time to load, but totally, totally worth the wait!

At its inaguration, it is widely being heralded as one of the greatest monuments India has ever produced. I hope you enjoy viewing this architectual marvel as much as I enjoyed having the honor presenting it.

-----------==---=---==-----------

Monument of Akshardham

The Akshardham monument, built without steel, is entirely composed of sandstone and marble. It consists of 234 ornately carved pillars, 9 ornate domes, 20 quadrangled shikhars, a spectacular Gajendra Pith (plinth of stone elephants) and 20,000 murtis and statues of Indias great sadhus, devotees, acharyas and divine personalities.

The monument is a fusion of several architectural styles of pink stone and pure white marble. Pink stone symbolizes bhakti (devotion) in eternal bloom and white marble of absolute purity and eternal peace. The monument was built after over 300 million man hours of services rendered by 11,000 volunteers, sadhus and artisans.

It is the one of the wonders of the modern world, and the wonders of modern India

============

Its seriously true that at night it looks very very beautiful.

Enjoy watching this photographes..........

take care

rekha

From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg 4_102.jpg (91.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg 3_497.jpg (94.4 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg 2_219.jpg (98.7 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 1_611.jpg (160.4 KB, 135 views)

Rekha

Hi All, few more tke care rekha
From India, Delhi
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: jpg 8_126.jpg (173.6 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 7_440.jpg (95.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 6_186.jpg (99.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg 5_176.jpg (121.0 KB, 112 views)

bala1

Rekha, Beautiful. I had a view of this (from long distance) last month while going to Interkama exhibition in Greater Noida by the new road. Thanks for getting the inside view pictures. Bala
From India, Madras
promilayadav

Rekha no doubt its good one,but i guess photography is banned ,than how you managed to get it. promila
From India, Delhi
Rekha

Hi Promila,
its been taken by BAPS foundation -- the builders of the various Swaminaryan Temples across the world and one of my friend sent this..
will forward more if I get anyother......
tke cre
rekha

From India, Delhi
bala1

Some more news on Akshardham.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 5 years of non-stop, round-the-clock construction, the massive and awesome Akshardham Temple Monument to World Peace was inaugurated today. The Akshardham Temple in New Delhi, India, constructed by the BAPS foundation -- the builders of the various Swaminaryan Temples across the world, is truely a modern day Wonder of the World.

It is one of the biggest and most intricate religious places of worship ever constructed. Combining several completely different and contrasting architectural styles of Hindu temple architecture of northern India -- Rajasthani, Orrisan, Gujarati, Mughal and Jain -- the Akshardham Monument is entirely constructed of marble and the red-sandstone that Delhi is famous for, and that so many of her monuments are constructed of. It was completed in only 5 years a world record of sorts

So after years of waiting, the Temple was yesterday opened to the public -- and to photographers. Below is the New Delhi Akshardham Complex as seen through the eyes of a BAPS photographer. The pictures are a great many and will take a long time to load, but totally, totally worth the wait!

At its inaguration, it is widely being heralded as one of the greatest monuments India has ever produced. I hope you enjoy viewing this architectual marvel as much as I enjoyed having the honor presenting it.

-----------==---=---==-----------

Monument of Akshardham

The Akshardham monument, built without steel, is entirely composed of sandstone and marble. It consists of 234 ornately carved pillars, 9 ornate domes, 20 quadrangled shikhars, a spectacular Gajendra Pith (plinth of stone elephants) and 20,000 murtis and statues of India’s great sadhus, devotees, acharyas and divine personalities.

The monument is a fusion of several architectural styles of pink stone and pure white marble. Pink stone symbolizes bhakti (devotion) in eternal bloom and white marble of absolute purity and eternal peace. The monument was built after over 300 million man hours of services rendered by 11,000 volunteers, sadhus and artisans.

It is the one of the wonders of the modern world, and the wonders of modern India.

Unquote::::

Thanks

Bala

From India, Madras
Rekha

Hi Bala, Dear this information is already provided by me..Go to page 1 of this posting.... anyways tke cre rekha
From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.