No Tags Found!

Haffiz
My wife worked in a bank 1 year ago by reference of her step sisters daughter. After one year, someone complained this is a breach of company policy.
My question is, what can I do if the bank terminates my wife - already she has resigned from the bank?

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar

Haffiz,

Please write clearly what happened. Write the sentences in sequence. If you are unable to write, take the help of someone. Write the post in simple sentences and not complex sentences.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Madhu.T.K

@Haffiz, I understand the situation like this:
Your wife joined a bank (private sector bank, I presume) through back door, ie, without following the recruitment and selection procedures of the Bank but just on the basis of the recommendation made by your wife's relative. Now, after one year of her joining, some one has complained that your wife's appointment was against the rules of the Bank but there was violation. Right? If the complaint is genuine then it is maintainable and the employee, ie, your wife who joined through back door will be sent out through the front door itself. You can only try to protect any decision of the management to refund the amount received by way of salaries and allowances.

From India, Kannur
saswatabanerjee

You need to explain your problem more clearly. Why is the bank wanting to terminate her? Specially when she has already resigned. What banking policy has been violated? Please provide the details.
From India, Mumbai
raghunath_bv

Hi Haffiz,

If your wife has already resigned from the bank, the termination issue may be less relevant. However, it's essential to understand the circumstances surrounding the complaint and potential breach of company policy. Here are some general steps you can consider:

Understand the Situation:
Find out the details of the complaint and the alleged breach of company policy.
Confirm whether the complaint is related to her resignation or occurred during her employment.

Review Company Policies:
Examine the bank's policies and procedures to determine if any were violated.
Understand the consequences outlined in the policies for such violations.

Seek Legal Advice:
Consult with an employment lawyer to understand your wife's rights and the legality of the situation.
Provide all relevant documentation and information to the lawyer for a thorough assessment.

Negotiate a Resolution:
If the bank is pursuing any action, consider negotiating a resolution that is fair and mutually agreeable.
Discuss the possibility of a neutral reference to avoid negative impacts on future employment.

Maintain Professionalism:
Encourage your wife to maintain professionalism and avoid any confrontations or negative interactions with her former employer.

Document Everything:
Keep records of all communications, including emails, letters, and conversations related to the situation.
Document the steps taken to resolve the issue and any agreements reached.

Prepare for Future Employment:
Assist your wife in updating her resume and reaching out to her professional network for potential job opportunities.
Consider seeking the support of career counselors or employment agencies.

Consider Mediation:
If negotiations are challenging, explore the possibility of mediation to resolve the dispute amicably.
and to, the specific steps may vary depending on the laws in your jurisdiction and the terms of your wife's employment contract. It's crucial to consult with a legal professional who can provide advice tailored to your wife's situation.

Thanks

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.