RupHR
Dear All, I need to develop the KRAs/KPIs for and IT engineer who works on storage and backup technologies. Request if in case anyone can help me with the same. Rgds Rup
From India, Gurgaon
Dinesh Divekar

Dear Rup,

Though you have not mentioned, let me believe that you are from HR.

Designing KPIs and KRAs for the is the job of seniors. Therefore, KPIs/KRAs for IT Engineer need to be designed by his HOD or reporting manager. Why you are getting into this? Your job is to check whether KRAs designed are within the framework of SMART principle or not.

The queries of this kind come up when the staffs and managers are not trained properly in how to design KPIs and KRAs. Secondly, queries of this kind also come up when Performance Management System (PMS) is properly instituted in the company. Therefore, you need to look at this larger issue than having a ad hoc solution for one particular designation.

While designing KRAs, we need to do the customisation. Therefore, what work IT Engineer does at some other place, may be different from your company. The mismatch in the work done by individual and KRAs could do injustice against him. Therefore, we should be cautious while downloading from internet or asking on public forum.

I have been giving replies on PMS on this forum. You may refer the following link to read it:

https://www.citehr.com/511936-pms-company.html

Though the heading of the post is about IT company, the reply is applicable to all the type of companies. Within this link, you will find several other links. Go through the all the links patiently and understand the subject of PMS first. It is quite comprehensive.

Thanks,

Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.