N S Anand
Hi,
If joining date is 10th Jan, and person has reported on 10th Jan, what you have paid for 22 days is correct.
just he is fooling you. check with him under which labour Act/law this rule is there. Just deny his demand.
N S Anand

From India, Bangalore
myforms

20 days payment is correct..
Because as he is a new employee, he wont get paid if any holiday come after he join a company..i agree with you only old employees can get paid. I think you should tell him to read terms and conditions...is better to add this issue in T& conditions of salary..

From India, Hyderabad
gupta1071
i agree with all the above points. Becarefull with that employee..He may create a more problems to you.
From India, Hyderabad
aghosh.83
Hi,
Like rightly suggested by some of my friends out here, please note that the salary for a new joinee is payable from the date which is mentioned in his/her appointment letter provided he/she joins your company on the same day. Till he doesn't sign on the appointent letter he is not officially an employee of your organization so there is no question of his salary being retroactive from a prior date.

From India, Calcutta
skumar717
Dear Friends, Please tell me about salary breakup, How Can I Calculate, Suppose salary decided 20,000/- Month, Basic= ? % Hra= ? % Cony.=?% Gewa=?%, and Others Heads Total=20,000
From India, Madras
Dhanuindian
Hi,
with reference to the above issue, it is simple and clear that the salary is paid for the no. of worked (including holidays) in a month as having said by our friends and not prior to the DOJ. Make him to understand that he worked for 22 days only and need to pay for the same. there is no other arguments and clarifications required to him as he is an educated and responsible person in adhering the company's policy and procedures.

From India, Bangalore
sunil Sadar

I also agree fully with Mr.Krsihnapullikuth. Whenever it is first joining in new establishment, the days are calculated from the day the employee joins new establishment. You are right while paying for 22 days. However, as my other collegues have opioned the Joing report is must. Atleast future pl. go for joining report to avoid all such confusions.
From India, Nagpur
beauty_babu@yahoo.co.in

ufff! He is trying to act too smart. By the way be careful with such guys because they always end up with some issues. Thats their attitude.

Just send him an email copying to HR Manager and his Reporting head stating that " In reference to the offer and appointment letter Mr.XXX has joined the services of XYZ company on Jan 10, 2011. In accordance with the company policies and the offer letter the company is abid to pay salary from Jan 10, 2011 only. Hence we have credited the 22days salary to your account.

If he still comes back to you for 2days salary then tell him that only his date of joining speaks and even if he argues then ask him why did he accept and sign the letter dated his joining as Jan 10, 2011. If he had this kind of thinking in his mind then you he should have asked for Jan 8, 2011. So no mistakes lies from comapny end.

Still if issue persists then bring all the possible people that you can gather(Top management people). Put this issue on table. He will get good hits from them.

If still he argues then my advice is get rid of people with such behaviour. They will spoil the office environment. Issue him a warning letter. Everyone should follow the policies of their company, instead no one had rights to formulate policies of their own and go according to it.

- Babu

From India, Madras
jamshedbey
Hi,
Its hardly a problem. The material date of his employment is the date of joining on his appointment letter. If the appointment letter says that he joined on 10th then he is to get his salary from 10th and if the said date of joining mentioned in the appointment letter is 8th then you are liable to pay from 8th.

You are liable to make payment to him only when the person is in your employment and not otherwise. JUST CHECK THE DATE OF JOINING ON HIS APOPOINTMENT LETTER (or else make reference to his first attendence in register.

Regards
Jamshed Bey

Head - Legal

I am working as an HR executive in a software company ,i have a problem with one of the employees joining date. he joined with us on 10th january, and we paid him salary for 22 days ie from 10th to 31st.but he says he has to be paid for from 8th as it is saturday and sunday and its not his problem that they are holidays if wanted he would have joined on 8th.

can any one help me how to calculate his salary and how joining dates should be given.[/QUOTE]

From India, New Delhi
icl_vikashsharma@yahoo.in
hi dear
if the joining date is 10th of the month , but the offer letter is issued on 8th of the month and also he had completed his joining formalities on 8th of the month then salary is given to him will be 24 days.
other wise i am agree with my other friends .
regards,
vikash sharma

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.