KARTIK CHANDRA DUTTA

It is fair to reappoint them. They are veterans and enriched with experience. They should be paid honourable package. Their duty hour should be as per requirement of organisation as well as imprtance exeg of work .
regards

From India, Mumbai
kj.mohankumar
Dear Vijay,
It is good that you have started the concept of piece rate for the workers. It is bit cumbersome at the beginning, but very effective on longer run. One of the usual downside is that in case of no order, you must work out a minimum wage structure to help the workers. Now comming back to your question of PF on piece rate production, it is like any other wages which attracts PF. Therefore you have to deduct PF for the wages that they earn.
Best wishes for the new venture.
Regards,
Mohan Kumar

From India, Madras
jude mayne

Dear ???
A Company will only hire those retirees as Consultants who have proved their worth either in their s or in some other. As rightly said by the above replies-they are a huge knowledge bank and needs acquiring and taping. With the job hopping a fashion i would rather have a person who can give back -no matter what ever age.
Regards,
Col J H Mayne.

From India, Bangalore
kj.mohankumar
It is good to hire retired persons as consultants, since they will bring with them the experience and knowledge that they have gained over a period of time. Whether it is fair to the new workforce? yes it will be a great help to the new workforce, since they will benefit from the knowledge and experience of the senior. In the current trend, where people jump from one job to another in a short span of time in search of better opportunities, they would not have gained sufficeint experience to face problems as their seniors would have. What is lacking now is absence of a good role model for them to emulate and follow. During my long years of service I have been fortunate to have excellent role models as my boss from whom I have learnt to face any problem that I had to encounter during my service. Therefore the retired consultant will also act as a good role model to the new workforce and guide them to attain their goals. It will be a knowledge sharing for the retired person, it will be a knowledge gaining for the new workforce and the Company will benefit from this old and new combination.

Mohan Kumar

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.