No Tags Found!

mustafa.mazumdar
Now this is interesting.... why did your friend take MBA after Engineering? If he was that interested in doing an MBA course, he could have got a graduation in B.Com or BBA or BBM and atleast let other students study Engineering. This is what is happening in our country. Engineering students doing MBA. Don't you guys understnd that they are two separate fields?
It is very necessary for all to understand that this world is coming to a stage of high specilization. I request all who read this note that please concentrate on your core field, rather than changing lines after graduation.
Now see the case study here, it very well reflects the old hindi proverb" Na Iss Paar, Na Uss Paar"....
Anyone agrees????

From India
nashbramhall

Dear Mustafa,
I am sorry to state that your view is not right, though I agree that a student is deprived of an engineering seat. There is nothing wrong with an engineer doing a management course. I did a Masters in Management after working as an Engineer for 20 years and then took up teaching. You will find that most (if not all) teachers teaching Operations Management (a vital field for any organisation), and also authors of book on that subject, have an engineering background. However if one wanted to teach Finance, and that's his/her passion, then doing an engineering degree is a waste of time and a loss of a place for a willing engineer.
Have a lovely day
Simhan

From United Kingdom
Dhruvin Sureliya

Hi
this is what happened with me when i have competed my education but if we stick with that perception to start with good company or want to prove ourselves then it may be discourage so batter to do whatever the chances we get at inicial stage after the time lapse opportunity always be there.
Regars
Dhruvin

From India, Ahmadabad
mustafa.mazumdar
Agreed Simhan....i definately agree with "However if one wanted to teach Finance and that's his/her passion, then doing an engineering degree is a waste of time and a loss of a place for a willing engineer."
Mustafa

From India
dmmarathe
Dear Monica, the success in Academics depends on interest , different styles of teaching,relating academics with industrial applications.The person must demonstrate this with use of computer software applications.Today the demand is e-learning.He should have qualifications(MBA From AICTE approved /University) & related experience.
Best of Luck.

From India, Mumbai
monica pankaj

@Mr.Mustafa...
I am really sorry to read your opinion...I guess we are here to encourage people and come up with good and healthy solutions rather than criticizing them.. Kindly do not make this forum so harsh...
Neway thanks for wasting your time in replying!!!!!!!!

From India, Delhi
monica pankaj

@Mr.Dhruvin, Mr.Marathe,
Thank you so very much for your positive response... Very rightly said that in the initial stage we have to go through lots of ups and doens and once we succeed in crossing the same we ultimately land up where we wish to...
thank you once again..

From India, Delhi
monica pankaj

@Mr.Bhargava and Ashwini... Thank you for your valuable suggesstions..will surely ask him to do the same....
@Mr. Simhan.. Thank you sir for supporting the right and positive thought... I know my friend will do good in life... and now after your response the faith in his potential seems to have become more strong..

From India, Delhi
email2gp
a combination of BTECH with mba finance is not a good match at all. In case your friend is interested, let him teach marketing subjects or anything related to operations management in any of the mediocre management college to begin with. Again teaching is an art, you can be a good teacher only when you have the passion in you. I am the placement manager in one of the intl b schools and I have come across cases like these. I suggest that the counselors need to clearly understand that if any engg graduate wants to pursue an mba finance should not be suggested. the best one would be marketing, hr or IT based on their engg specialization. Teaching finance is an absolute no no... again about getting into finance in KPO will not help out because you need to have the basic concepts of accounting which is not taught in your mba programme. i would definately suggest that he can get into marketing if is a gogetter and aggressive.

hope this is convincing and do revert for any clarifications.

Regards,
Geetha

From India, Bangalore
monica pankaj

Ms.Geetha Thank you for your reply... many of our good faculty are from the same background and trust me they are doing good.. it is they who have encouraged him... I am not trying to retaliate with you rather putting down my opinion... Though he does not belong to Commerce background yet he has good knowledge of financial market.. He is planning to do his Phd too... However will try to explain him your point too...
Thanks once again..

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.