No Tags Found!

Julie_HR
Hello Sachin,
I do agree with you. Because Niti should understand team work also.She has mentioned tht they are only 3 members in her team including her boss.then if this is the case earlier same work her colleague must be doing.i would like to know niti wat is ur exp the same company?? And personal opinion INSTEAD OF doing TIT FOR TAT FUNDA concentrate on your career since you are behaviour says you are a kid in this corporate world. :lol:
Regards,
Julie

RegalEagle

Hi!

While going through I thought I will place my problem to you also.

I have gone beyond the "NO" saying phase.

Tried it but now I am being told that I am being uncooperative..any work that is being done by me is appreciated by my BOSS, and he also appreciates that I am clear about the basic concepts. But of late couple of my colleagues have directly started interacting with the Superboss and here is where the problem has started.

While these couple of colleagues are getting their work done by all and sundry, and anytime you say NO to them, it gets reported to the Superboss as the person is being difficult and uncooperative. These colleagues are themselves spending the office time either chatting with each other, their friends, having snacks in the cafeteria, or perpetually in some mutual meeting. But they are not losing anywhere cos' they are also being sent for the prime training programs, and have been singled out as the people with the maximum growth potential.

The problem comes that this affecting the total team work and our image with the other departments. My boss can't and won't take action cos' he doesn't want to in any way to get in the bad books of the Superboss. Even my other colleagues have decided to take this line. But my problem is that their pending work is getting assigned to me by my Boss who tells me everytime that since I am efficient and can clear it out quickly and neatly, I should do the same.

What do I do? Should I consider leaving, since even appraisal time the benefits that I am getting have gone down drastically, while these two have been given extremely high increments.

Thanks in advance.

From India, New Delhi
Hr_career

See here, your Boss intentionally acting smart to maintain his reputation with team. Again 5 points

1. So understand the loophole – i.e., your Boss will not punish any one. I clearly understood your tam has decided to sort out this issue.

2. Then all of you do decide Not to complete the work of those two despite if it is assigned by the Boss (any how he will not take action). Maintaining Company work environment is important than you Boss’s personal interest. Hear your team will be giving a treatment to your Boss to maintain smooth operations.

4. It doesn’t mean you should ignore the Boss. Boss is Boss. Handle politely. Politely say Sir, I am busy sorry I cannot do now. every one should fine some valid reason. Here Crocodile tears can be used it is not bad. Coz your intention is not bad.

4. Now all team is together. Either your Boss should do himself or get the work done by those two. Or else he will be answerable to the management.

5. Your Boss is good hearted but some times it may not work out to maintain smooth operations. It may lead to discrimination.

Regards,

Arvind

From India, Bangalore
RegalEagle

Thanks, Arvind.
Your reply reduced the stress level a bit.
They were on the rise since these two are girls - are very new into HR, and most of us have been with the company for a very long time and have good amount of experience.
Most of my colleagues have decided not to do any thing...since they feel that there is no other way around, and I was getting stressed cos' my work is suffering due to this.
Regards,

From India, New Delhi
Hr_career

With pleasure Take it as an Assignment for Problem solving that too guiding your Boss in the interest of Company. Regards, Arvind
From India, Bangalore
tina
Hi Sachin,

I really liked the way you put your opinion on Niti's problem.And I totally AGREE with you.There are so many other things we can concentrate in our field.I am not saying that you shouldn't take any help from your friends on such kind of problems,but BEING NEW in this field you should also learn to tackle with such situations by your own,then only you will get to know what real EXPERIENCE is!!.Playing dirty politics and everytime complaing others will only spoil your own IMAGE in company.Rather Niti should cooperate her senior to improve company's performance.

"TIT FOR TAT" will only spoil company's progress.and being a good HR ,our primary responsibility is to think about your company FIRST.

Being a experienced person in this field from so many years,I would definitely not recruit "TIT FOR TAT"kind of subordinates/team members for my firm,rather I would prefer efficient and problem solver for my team.

So be a good problem solver dear NITI.

Thanks & Regards

Tina

Human Resources- Manager

From India, Mumbai
charles_hr
Hi Sachin , Julie & Tina,
I DO AGREE with u both.whatever niti is mentioning abt her colleague is she is only saying frm her point of view.why not she n other our forum member thinking frm the othr lady point of view.till today i have seen many reply supporting only niti. but i appreciate Sachin ,Tina & Julie for the way actualy they have thought too.
our many friends over here have given suggestion to take sort of revenge frm your colleagueu this and that or TIT FOR TAT funda.but have they think frm the othr way.
so niti before taking any step remember one thing that if you have to be in this corporate world work as a team member.concentrate on this thing rather than doing all this things adf trying to gain sympathy for othrs.
Regards,
Charles

Hr_career

Hi Niti

After going through some opinions I red one more posting which is from you i.e. I made it clear. Yes by your words I can understand your colleague is also playing a game. And now where you have mentioned that you are junior but indirectly your Boss also given instruction to her, by this also it shows you are not junior.

The way you handle should not be rude enough.

One incident: Some times I worked as a faculty also. One day my Director introduced my one person who returned from Saudi, and seeking for some job in abroad. Earlier he was Software Engineers (VB). In Saudi he worked on SAP-ABAP.

My Director said, he has some doubts on ABAP (Programming language). I was worried himself he has around 7 years of experience in IT what I can clear his doubts as I didn’t have any real-time development experience. But we both were of same age.

The very next day he came. And I asked him. “What are all your doubts ask me, I will try to solve it”. Suddenly he said egoistically No, No, just tell whatever you want to tell!!!!!!!!!. I am shocked…..

I thought “Dal me kuch kala hai”. I asked one simple question, even high school student can answer now a days. “What is Data type?”.

Now egoism went of from his face, he said sorry sir I do not know, please treat me as a fresher and teach.

I started teaching, after few days I asked how you managed your work till now (Around 7 Years).

It was a team work. So if I didn’t know I was assigning it to juniors or some one who is close to me.

So please do not allow these kind persons to grow in the organization in the name of team work. All the time allowing this is not good for organization. He reaped the money from Companies. Now if you ask me, that blame should go to that team who helped not help, protected him.

After my revision class, he got job in German. 1 Year he worked in Germen. Now he is in IBM-Kolkata.

Great person……….. Hats of to that Software Engineer…… he know how to manage (not to perform) job…………..

Regards,

Arvind

From India, Bangalore
Julie_HR
Hello Arvind,
Its nice u r sharing your exp. But let me tell you first thing everybody exp diff in their own way.So instead of playing and learning politics in professional environment, one should understand we are here not to play a game of our career and corporate world.Though ur suggesion is good by your point view but it is absolutely wrong by mine.
This is true everyone should know how to manage, but thats practially not playing politics and tit for tat funda.
It is good if you are suggessting your senior about your views because no one is perfect here. So pls while suggesting anybody keep this in your mind we all are here to discuss some valuable strategeis not POLITICS and diff betn Experienced and fresher .Sometimes it happens exp people also have lack of knowledege. It doesnt mean "do not allow these kind persons to grow in the organization in the name of team work."
Regards,
Julie

Hr_career

Hi Julie,

Defiantly those who do not have perfect technical knowledge and wanted to work, I will not agree. Company will allow to learn only for freshers or if it is upcoming technology then for seniors.

I thought him the ABAP programing and I know how poor he was. That person asked me to explain all his programs which he has done in his previous company, so that he can clear technical round and get the next job. after coming back from German once he asked me to revise the class and to explain his new programs. Nothing wrong to share hear, I said this time I'll not dp for freee of cost I want Rs. 25000/-. Do you think being an HR's we like this kind of recourse for company. thats why I said, "Do not allow this kind of persons", If it is really bad I said. I wonder where I went wrong.

And coming back to Niti's case, I have not told "tit for tat", I suggested just to avoid helping all the time that too small works. Hear no where I mentioned do not assist seniors. If it is senior it is a excuse, If it is colleague one can adjust for a span of short period . but in her case we can understand that it was from long time.

And to tell about "tit for tat", I have not mentioned anything about that. I said handle diplomatically. And those who are all seniors please do not allow "tit" in your team then their will not be question of "tat". Seniors should "Nip in the bud".

See in my case, Once one fresher asked me, Sir why should I Staple these question papers I am an MBA, then I said, you are fresher try to learn from the scratch.

So many advised Niti, learn saying "NO" , but she was not able to understand. So I wrote one Script.

Regards,

Arvind

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.