No Tags Found!

aquarian_gal
Hi Everyone,
I joined Cite HR sometime back but this is my first post.
Was browsing through some of the threads and I must say, I was impressed with the kind of help and guidance provided by seniors.
I had a query so I decided to seek some guidance from all the experienced people here.
I'd like to know if someone is getting married and decides to take a 5-6 month long break,would it be difficult to get another job later.
This, in specific to an HR professional with one year of experience, and an MBA degree.
Please send in your thoughts..
Thanks,
Natasha

From India, Bangalore
contactreena
Dear Cite HR Member,
One need not worry abt such a nominal break in the career.After all we all ahve our personal lives.
Specially your break is back up by an academic degree plus a reasonable exp.Moreover your reasons for a break are genuine.You can always justify your interviewer by saying you took a break once and for all to get over all marriage formalities,holidays,etc and you also got time to settled down in your domestic career therfore now in your new job u no longer have to wait till such things settle down,
Hope this helps,.
Reena

From India, Mumbai
aquarian_gal
Hi Reena,
Thanks a lot for your advice. I've been quite confused about this whole issue and was afraid that I wouldnt get a good job post the break.
As you rightly pointed out, justifying it to the interviewer should solve the problem!
Thanks and regards,
Natasha

From India, Bangalore
viswabalag
Dear Natasha,
If there is a chance of you doing telecommuting then this will help you stay at home and still continue with your career. It will also not reflect as though you have taken a break in your career. The other choice is to do a enhanced short term / part time course in HR to reinforce your profile stating that though you took a break, you were upgrading yourself in HR.
All the best to you.
Regards,
Balaji

From United States, Houston
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.