No Tags Found!

nashbramhall

Further to my post above and also those of Raj Kumar Hansdah and PS Dhingra, I searched the web and found it at my Leadership Learning: Choose Your Response: A Cockroach Story

Earlier I had not commented on the article, as I was concentrating on advising about plagiarism. Dhingra's comments have prompted me to air my views. One can see from the various responses examples or reactions and responses. There are people who have thought the post as an excellent example. However, as Dhingra has rightly pointed out we need to analyse the issues involved in depth. Even assuming that the place was not infested with the insects; the way one responds depends upon ones previous experience. For example, when i take a walk in Lal Bagh gardens in Bangalore, I am not afraid of the stray dogs that roam about. May be because I have not seen them attack or go near people. Where as I am scared of any dog even with a lead when it is allowed to come near me or comes near me. May be it is due to a bad experience as a kid.

I have no problems with wasps that pollinate the flowers in our garden, where are my wife and our daughter will scream and run if a wasp comes near them. I could not use these incidents as apt examples to emphasise the need to respond rather than react. For more examples and discussion on Respond or React see Google

Have a nice day.

Simhan

From United Kingdom
jasmine bhatt
gr8 posting its very true we can solve most of our lives problems if we can differentiate between the two.
From India, Mumbai
Radhika_hr

Hi Nazir,
Not required to apologise, it will very helpful for the new members of citehr.
Even i joined reacently, who ever it was observed, i could say very intellectual and rich learning.
Thanks and keep posting....
Radhika

From India, Hyderabad
vijay shitole

Fantastic Nazir...We are responsible for our fate..
True Indeed.
Thank you
Best Regards
Vijay Shitole
[QUOTE=NazirVaid;1250772]REACTION VS RESPONSE
Suddenly, a cockroach flew from somewhere and sat on a lady. I wondered if this was the cockroaches response to all the glory that was spoken about it!

From India, Mumbai
sam-64
REACTION VS RESPONSE Suddenly, a cockroach flew from somewhere and sat on a lady. I wondered if this was the cockroaches response to all the glory that was spoken about it!
From United States, Mountain View
lalvani.nucleus

Dear Nazir
I daresay, I appreciate your response to Simhan & Raj Kumar's comments.
Nevertheless, the narration was an excellent example of highlighting the importance of 'responding' instead of 'reacting' to situations as many of us tend to. The episode has manifested two important issues:
1. It has served as a reminder to sharpen the axe, to make it easier to cope with the increasing complexities of life.
2. Speaks volumes for the alertness of moderators & some members in recalling.
Col Sunder Lalvani

velchal

Response VS Reaction
All reaction is not bad in fact it is essential. Our brain is wired with two channels one fast and other slow. Whenever we receive stimuli it sends signals through both the channels. The fast channel is activated by amygdale for t he action. This is basically a survival channel or mechanism, to protect oneself from nay threats of survival. Second channel is for you inner consideration and then response. In this gap as Stephen R covey says we use self awareness, Creative Imagination, Conscience and Independent will, and then respond. In a simple way we can say reaction is for survival and response is for growth. Only difficulty is that the brain if not trained properly will take loss of name fame insult provocation and many as survival of prestige, position, ego, pride etc and we react to virtually everything more as habit.
One can definitely learn to respond in our relationship and business encounters. Responding is a learnt r
V S Sudhaker

Murtuza2010
Dear Mr. Nazeer, Very good post. Definately it will help to think a person like me to see the positive side of the any situation arising in life. Thanks. Murtuza
From Saudi Arabia, Dammam
velchal

Developing or teaching the brain to react or respond is an art and science. Imagine tafic lights for every stimulus you encounter Three buttons Red Blue & Green : Red for stop Blue for pass and green for go do it for say 41 days you will see the change in you .
any more better faster ways ?
V S Sudhaker

permeshwernath

Dear Mr Nazir Vaid, Thanks for the post . Tough it is already known and taken from archive for august . But it does’t matter . It is advantageous for the other members. permeshwer
From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.