Rkp1212
Hi. I just joined a small pharma company as a fresher, as business developers executive trainee and I've been made to sign a employment bond which states that I've to work for a minimum of 2 years and if I decide to leave before that I'll have to pay back 2 months of ctc back and serve an unpaid notice period of 2 months. And the company will not give me a experience certificate and relieving letter even if I paid back my 2 months ctc and served the notice period. They made me sign it on a company letterhead. Is this bond enforceable? And will I really not get the experience certificate if I decide to leave after one year?
From India, Ahmedabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi

When you are not sure of completing 2 years why you joined them?

Any Employer who impart training which involves cost will expect certain minimal period of stay with them is natural. However in your case the terms and conditions of your employer seems to be unilateral favouring their side alone. Normally such Agreements should be in judicial stamp paper duly registered / notarised. Validity of bond in letter head that even one sided cannot be equivalent to one in judicial stamp paper. However if you violate the terms the impact will be more for you rather than the employer. They will hold relieving, FFS, negative feedback during BGV. So handle this issue diplomatically and try for proper relieving.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.