ranimahey
Hi Everyone,
IPL a very well planned activity. It has given an identity to the new comers. Lets find out what we learn't:
1. Marketing Startegy
2. Promotions
3. Media Influence
4. Leadership Style
5. Rewards
6. Motivation
7. Team Building
8. Creating Bond
9. Empowerment
10. Stress management
Rani

teamgrouphr

IPL succeeded not because of cricket ( comparatively ) but because of high entertainment quotient.
1. Cheer girls- even when they were not around, controversies surrounding them provided enough entertainment material.
2. Bhajji- Sreesanath case- got the entire nation hooked as to what is so special about this game that can lead a national player to slap another.
3. SAAS BAHU - for a break took the backseat because of timing. Entire family could watch together something that is edge of the seat.
4. City Loyalty- Not a new thing to sports. Chelsi-ManU final is as hot as a world cup final.
Because of franchisee based system and international players , it truly represented glocalisation. People got involved at local level because of their state's name.
Regards
Team GroupHR

From India, Delhi
pankkaj

Success of any business depends upon the marketing efforts. In case of IPL, both Cricket & Celebreties, were present as marketing tool.
From India, Pune
Navin Rane

It was a perfect Recipe of success., It had the 2 Biggies of Indian Interest Bollywood and Cricket. And ofcourse loads of money
From India, Mumbai
gandhali21
i think that the reason that IPL was such a success was because it provided a little of everything for all the segments
1. excitment from the match
2. the controversies (cheerleaders, THE slapping's)..:)
3. not very time consuming - short and sweet
4. AND it was the coming to together of cricket and bollywood and the business tycoons for the 1st time ever.
it was a model DESTINED to become a success

From India, Delhi
Hiren50

The most important factor is the intrinsic popularity of the product- 20/20 game itself:-
B.C.C.I OR B.T.T.I ? Stray Thoughts
No media hype or anything to do with marketing can sustain anything that is unpopular. cheerleaders are not going to make test cricket more popular. The game itself is far more exciting and interesting than test cricket.

From India, New Delhi
teamgrouphr

Agreed with Hiren.
But it is a fact that cricket always enjoyed a certain level of popularity in India.
And if you ask purists , i am almost certain that they will find test cricket far more interesting than 20/20.
In my opinion, we are probably trying to find out , what is it that made 20/20 supersede the one day or test cricket popularity. This is where cheer leaders, media hype, shorter duration etc. come into picture.
Love to have reactions.
Regards
Team GroupHR

From India, Delhi
Shiv.Ganiga
Dear All, IPL Model is very well explained in this PDF file. Hope you all find it useful and informative - Shiv
From India, Mumbai
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf IPL Business Model.pdf (231.5 KB, 531 views)

aruna_jyothi

hi
The frst thing which struck to my mind when i think of IPL is what are the strategys vijaymallya ,ambani and sharukh khan have in their mnind .and one more thing is why their teams have not won or not even reached th finals and also what are reasons for their failure as vijay mallya in an intervw said they the captain has not selected the right person and also he in not involved in the selection process.i think it will be gud if we discuss on above factors.

From India
Minal shah
Hi All,
I have newly joined as a member...
My name is Minal Shah and i work for a non profit Association...
I would like to know how different are HR policies of an non - profit compared to a profit making organization and can any1 help me with the policies that are strictly to be followed??
Best Regards,
Minal Shah

From China, Qinhuangdao
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.