Anonymous
I'm currently in my notice period, previously i got an offer, but the company sent a document, which says i would join their organisation after notice period else I need to pay 2lakhs if not(not a stamp paper) just their company letterhead, which i signed and sent. Now i got other offer with more compensation. If i don't join my previously offered organization, will they take any legal actions (I mean is it possible as I didn't sign on stamp paper). ?
From India, Bengaluru
Madhu.T.K

Even if it is signed on a stamp paper, the employer cannot take any legal action against an employee for his act of leaving the company. It is true that the employer can demand training cost which was exclusively incurred on the employee. But random training will not constitute exclusive training.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous
In this context, i didn't even join the organisation. I just signed their document that I would join their organisation else I would pay 2 lakh. But i got a counter offer with more compensation. Can you tell is it possible for them to proceed legally?
From India, Bengaluru
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

You had accepted a offer but now not joining the company but planning to join other Company.

Not an issue. After accepting an offer it is not necessary to join that employer. What is wrong is after joining an organisation leaving them without information is not legally right.

Employer cannot demand 2 Lakhs just for not honoring the offer letter. Please ignore it. Legally it will not be valid.

From India, Madras
Madhu.T.K

As suggested by Lakshmi Narayan, you may just ignore the paper signed by you. After all, there is no legal enforceability for a promise to pay Rs 2 lakhs without any consideration.
From India, Kannur
Anonymous
Thank you very much for your response, it cleared my doubt
From India, Bengaluru
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.