No Tags Found!

jharahul
Hi,
What are the various ways in which HR can classify employees?
This query is specifically with reference to developing a communication programme for an FMCG company employees. The strength is over 15, 000, and the geographical scope is pan-India. The programme will have tools that will be broad-based (covering all employees, ex-newsletter, emailer, intranet etc.) as well as targeted (covering specific categories of employees). Are there known methods of classification beyond the common ones like hierarchy, function, location etc.
Would appreciate details, examples, references, as well as suggestions and ideas.
Regards,
Rahul

From India, Mumbai
suresh7sharma

Hi,
Rahul
Generally we classify the employee based on heirarchy and other functinal aspects. But general classification would include employees catagorization i.e grading the eomployee based on their duties, salary, present designation etc. Since yours is FMCG company you must have grading of employee i.e grade -1 sales executive with one years of experience salary 6000, designation sales executive/executive, function: marketing of products. This is a normal grading of employees
S.K

From India, Jaipur
David Richardson
Hi Rahul

My experience of segmentation was borne from watching what our marketing colleagues did and applying that to employees.

The jobs people do are very important but in my experience what's even more interesting, especially in relation to communication and employee benefits, is to understand individual motivation and attitudes to work which tend to be driven by lifestage and influenced by whether the worker has children, is the sole/primary earner etc.

A segmentation I did for retailer was used in Bangalore and seemed to work well. It was found that there were five broad attitude segments of people working within their workforce: 25 percent work-life balancers; 25 percent want it all; 18 percent pleasure seekers; 16 percent live to work and 16 percent work to live.
By understanding the drives and needs of each segment the organisation can tailor the employment proposition to improve retention and sharpen communication.

This is usually done by adding a battery of questions to a normal staff survey and then analysed.

Happy to share more if you are interested.

From United Kingdom, Hemel Hempstead
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.