swami-b
I was on a contract for 4 Month later my contract extended for one month which lasts on 31st Jan 2021. the 30 and 31st Jan 2021 was Saturday and Sunday. Due to this reason, I was last worked in the company till 29th Jan 2021. Later the company paid me only 29 Days' salary for the Month of January 21.
My question is - Am I not eligible for payment for the whole month. The weekly off is my earned off and the company should pay me for a whole week.
Should I log a complaint to the Labor Department for this or not?

From India, New Delhi
surbhi-malhotra

Dear,
If you have all the details in written and your last working day is mentioned i.e. 31st Jan then you are eligible for the payment.
If they have mentioned your contract ended on/last working day is 29th Jan and they relieved you on same date then the company is not liable to make any payment.

From India, Gurgaon
saswatabanerjee

you seriously want to complain to the labour department for a non payment for a 2 day period?
How much will you get back?
And i hope you know that employers often do background verification by calling the earlier employers. You realise what kind of feedback they will give you?

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.