No Tags Found!

Ghanshyam Rajgor

Dear Friends, Please tell me what is rules of employee’s when they take leave with out permission and also tell me is he eligible for leave ploicy ? Rajgor
From India, Ahmadabad
coolguy91179
Dear Ghanshyam,
By protocol, an employee must get leave sanctioned by his immediate superior.
However, there may be situations where a prior approval is not possible.
It should be mentioned in the HR Manual / Employee Handbook, that if an employee is absent for more than 3 days without prior approval, it would be considered as absconding. Strict action could be taken if the employee does not inform by phone / e mail during the period of absence. If it is an uniformed leave taken on medical grounds ... then a doctors certificate must be submitted on the return of the employee, in case it is leave beyond 3 days.
These leaves could be adjusted with the leave balance, incase he / she is a confirmed employee. Otherwise, I suggest it should be counted as Leave Without Pay.
Thanks and Regards,
Karan.

sylviafrancis
Dear Ghanshyam
No person in regular employment is authorized to take leave without prior approval unless it is a case of emergency.
You need to have a leave policy within the organization which clearly spells out the kinds of leave the organization provides and the number of days associated with each. Example, annual leave 17 working days, sick leave 12 working days, emergency leave, etc.
The policy should also clearly state how many days in advance annual loeave should be applied for; how many days can be taken without the formal etc., maximum number of consecutive leave days that can be taken without prior approval, etc.
Cheers,
Sylvia

nehakhale

Hi, Can you more clarify, wat do u mean by permission hrs...is that number of days leave a person can avail in a month?
From India, Bhopal
sunilbuttan
Anybody going on leave should get prior approval from concerned manager/supervisor. At times, it becomes difficult to communicate i.e. personal issues. In such a condition, it has to be clearly mentioned in the HR Policy that you may either pass your message through someone i.e. colleague or may be in form of an email or SMS to reporting manager.
Rgs.

From India, Delhi
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.