No Tags Found!

mohanlal chauhan

Dear Tanvi,
the amount for funeral cases under esic act is 5000/- as per the new amendment
earlier it was 3000/-
The latest amendment under esic is enhancement of ceiling from 10.000/- to 15.000/- for the coverage under esic act
Regards
Mohan

From India, Mumbai
MANJUNATH G.K.

Dear Friends,
If the accident took place while coming in the co's vehicle, the Management has to provide him the medical treatment etc. ESI law is very clear. If the accident took place at the work place only, he gets benefits. I had experience with ESI authorities in this regard. In case the employee is out of premises, and if he is on duty(like marketing personnel) he is eligible for benefits from ESI.
Many companies have policies to provide benefits its employees in such case on humanitarian ground.
G.K.Manjunath
Manager-HR

From India, Bangalore
ashok_modi1978

I have no idea about this but the Company should help their family in
1. Getting ESI Compansation (If he is covered under ESI)
2. Getting PF (If he is covered under PF)
3. Getting Gratuity along with death claim (If he is covered under Gratuity)
His family will also get accident claim Insurance against insurance of the vehilcle which hit him.
I am telling all these because........................................... .............
You must be knowing practical things or one time you see the movie Munna Bhai MBBS. How a retired school teacher struggles for getting his PF.
Regards
Modi Ashok Kumar

From India, Bangalore
ajeetvarma50

Hi,
If your views of "Compensation" is relating to provide lump sum amount to the employee on account of accident on road, my answer is "NO". However, as per the organisation rules where an employee is employed, organisation should bear the medical expenses arising on account of accident.
Ajeet Kumar

From India, Mumbai
Dhinakaran

Hi all :
If the employee has been travelling in the company provided transportation, then I think, the co is responsible. This I am stating since the statutory authorities have clarified that the duty starts when the employee boards the company provided transportation.
If the empl is not travelling in the company provided tptn, company is not legally bound.
Good luck !!!
Rgds
::: Dhinakaran

From India, Hyderabad
Creativity_alive

Hello Everyone,
As per my knowledge " Workmen's compensation Act 1923" will provide compensation to this employee. WC Act extends the employee security rule and says (theory of notional extention)
an employer is liable for injury to his workman even when the workman is away from the premises at the time of accident. The theory was laid down by supreme court in Saurashtra Salt Mfg. Co Vs. Bai Valu Raja.
Please refer the attached ppt .
Regards
Jyoti
HR Executive.

From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: ppt WC Act.ppt (409.5 KB, 871 views)

rajanassociates

Dear
The law is more favourable to the Employee.The earlier replies would confirm the coverage under ESI and W.C. Apart from that Companies take out a Personal Accident cover and if the Company has taken it then it is fine.Additionaly depending on the nature of the accident if it is a collision case and another vehicle is involved he can claim make a third party claim against the insurer of the other vehicle .So many options are there.
The strict rule of in the course of employment has been extended "to & fro " from the work place.
With Regards

E-mail:
Mobile : 9025792684.

From India, Bangalore
fmsservices

Please ref the ESIC website for the details required. ESIC - Headquarters' Office
From India, Pune
s_s_p
Yes, i beleive it is organization to take care of employee for him to come home safe and reach office safe, incase if there are any accident company has to give compensation if any permanent disability / death has to offer job opportunities for spouse / children to support family. I have my friend who met with fatal accident in hyd working in one of the biggest computer company gave him full compensation of medical bills and as well took care of medical treatment including medicines for an year.
From Singapore
HARSHA BANSAL

Dear tanvi Recently there is ammendment in ESI rules, If the employee who have met accident covered under ESI then he gets benefits from it. ESI now cover while commuting to work.
From India, Chandigarh
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.