No Tags Found!

Rakeshgc
Dear All,
I recently joined as HR in a manufacturing company which just stared construction and hired civil & electrical workers through various contractors.
Now, my management wants to cover them under esic.
our establishment not yet registered under esic, since at present we have only 3 members on roll.
Kindly clarify whether our management / contractor is responsible for paying esic.

From India, Irakam
saswatabanerjee

Please see the link below.
https://www.esic.nic.in/attachments/...4d684ca850.pdf

The Supreme Court has stayed the applicability of ESIC to construction workers in 2018 and as far as I can see, the stay has not been vacated.

If you still want to have them covered, you need to tell the contractors to cover them under ESIC and recover the money from you. Do not make the mistake of covering the workers under your code, as it can give rise later to their demand for being made permanent using the ESCI payment by you as proof that they were your employees

From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.