ar-deep
Hi sir, I have a one question regarding Provident fund i.e ; one of my employee was expire on 12/01/2022 but he take leave from 08/12/2021 to 10/01/2022 without any pay in this month.
In that employee PF account we contribute only wage month of December 2021 only ECR fil 24 ncp days in that month.
But employee was not joined after his 1 month leave he expired on January 12th 2022 now can get pf rejection while death claim to his family members.

From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

If you have not removed the employee from the rolls of your Company till his date of death, then his family will get all PF benefits including EDLI. You can close his file and consider his death date as LWD.

From India, Madras
ar-deep
Respected V.m. Lakshminarayanan _ Dear sir that my employee his last day of working is 7th December 2021 and from 8th December 2021 to still 12th January 2022 . he is on leave and he expired on that date 12/01/2022 we pay (contribute) only for that December 2021 month 7 working days , and we file ECR in his name last wage month of December only.
From India, Hyderabad
vmlakshminarayanan

Hi,

In order to ensure the nominees get PF benefits, you could had considered his non working days as leave without wages. To get EDLI benefits employee should be on rolls and contributing to PF at the time of death.

From India, Madras
KK!HR

You need to indicate his LWD as the day of death otherwise on the date of death, he is not a member of PF and the bereaved family will be put to tremendous loss. I happened to deal with a similar matter and it is taking more than two and a half years for the poor family to get the due benefits
From India, Mumbai
suresh2511

Ar-Deep,

Did you include the deceased's death date in any PF records or returns? You can still apply for the death benefit if this is not the case.
You can give the EPFO an undertaking that the deceased was on authorised sick leave. Because there were no wages paid from the 8th of December 2021, so in January 2022, our Consultant or HR Personnel who handles PF work entered the date of exit incorrectly. Without checking with HR or management, the Consultant clerk assumed the member had left the service and entered the date of leaving.
We sincerely apologise for this unintentional human error and respectfully request that you please excuse us and consider the deceased DLIS claim for settlement, as well as extend your cooperation to assist the bereaved family in order to save them from the tremendous loss.

Sincerely yours,

for XYZ

From India, Thane
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.