No Tags Found!

kkincitehr

This instrument is to help you examine your counseling style with employees who work under you. All items are to be understood in the context of performance counselling. The word ‘counselee’ in all items refers to the employee or subordinate. Use the answer sheet and be frank in responding to the items.

1. I assure my counsellee of my availability to him whenever he needs my help.

2. I delay discussing with my counsellee those issues about which I feel uncomfortable.

3. I myself raise, and encourage my counsellee; when his interest is affected I communicate strong feelings and resentment to senior managers without caring whether this will affect my relationship with them.

4. I feel I have a commitment to my counsellee; when his interest is affected I communicate strong feelings and resentment to senior managers without caring whether this will affect my relationships with them.

5. I encourage my counselee to collect the information needed to understand and analyze the main issues or problems.

6. I discuss new ideas with my counsellee, in relation to his problems, even without working out their details with him.

7. I carefully study the procedures recommended for counselling and follow them to make my sessions effective.

8. When a counsellee discusses a problem with me, I suggest a clear solution that will help him to deal with it.

9. I take up my counsellees’ cause and fight for them.

10. I admonish counsellees for their lapses, and for not acting according to my instructions.

11. I am interested in thinking out unusual and new solutions and encourage the counsellee to do the same.

12. I tend to collect, all information and data even when these are not immediately needed. I encourage my counsellees to do the same.

13. I help my counsellees to become aware of some of their own strengths.

14. I avoid meeting those counsellees who do not seem to take counseling seriously and with whom I do not have good relations.

15. I help counsellees to see the ethical or normative dimensions of some of their behavior or actions (i.e. what effects these will have on others in the department).

16. I champion the interests of my counsellees even if my superiors do not pay any attention to what I say.

17. I encourage my counselee to generate several alternatives before adopting one for solving a particular problem.

18. When I come across some new ideas or think of new ways of solving a problem, I tend to spend most of my counselling session in explaining these to my counsellee.

19. I accept several suggestions made by counsellees in the course of my counselling sessions.

20. I guide my counsellees in the details of the problems and their solutions.

21. I express my feelings of resentment/dissatisfaction/despair etc., to my counsellees without any hesitation.

22. I give detailed instructions to my counsellees about what they should or should not do.

23. I try out news ways of improving my communication with my counsellees.

24. I spend most of the counselling session on working out details of the specific tasks to be performed in relation to the counsellee’s problems.

25. I reassure my counsellees of my continual help and support.

26. I do not express my resentment when unpleasant exchanges occur during a counselling session, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I continue to be bothered by them.

27. I help my counselees examine the appropriateness of the proposed action.

28. I express my happiness to my counsellee when he has done something according to previously accepted plans, and resentment for what he was not able to do.

29. I work with counsellees to search various resources for information to work out solutions to problems.

30. I encourage counsellees to try out new ideas/ways (which seems to be better) even without waiting to consolidate the earlier ones.

31. I accept and appreciate the help that my counsellee provides me to analyze problems and work out solutions.

32. I encourage counsellees to come frequently to me for advice and help on problems they may face.

33. I frankly express my feelings and reactions and encourage the counsellee also to be very frank with me.

34. I clearly prescribe, to counsellees, the standards of behavior which I think are appropriate and should be followed in my department/ section.

35. I feel excited in trying out new ways of counselling my people, and I take the problem of counsellees a challenge.

36. I primarily work on the specific tasks that the counsellees should do, and do not pay much importance to so-called “feelings�. I believe feelings get taken care of when task difficulties are solved.

SPIRO-C2

Name: Date:

Read each item in the accompanying instrument (SPIRO-C2) and indicate below how frequently you behave this way during performance counselling or how much it applies to you. Answer the items serially without skipping any one.

Use the following key to give your response.

Write 5 if you are always like this or if it describes your behaviour very well.

Write 4 if you often behave this way.

Write 3 if you sometimes behave this way.

Write 2 if you behave this way occasionally.

Write 1 if you rarely or never, behave this way.

Items Your Response Items Your Response

1 19

2 20

3 21

4 22

5 23

6 24

7 25

8 26

9 27

10 28

11 29

12 30

13 31

14 32

15 33

16 34

17 35

18 36
[/list]

From India, Nizamabad
sudipaashima
Dear can u tell me the application of this tool and full details pf spiro-C2 regards, Ashi
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.