bijendersharma

Hi Friends,

I am working in a garment manufacturing unit & I will have to make piece rate salary and some worker are earning more than Rs. 15000 thousand per month and some are below Rs. 15000/-. So, I want brief details regarding piece rate salary and want to solve some query.

1. If a worker work 1/2 day and earn Rs. 300/-

2. If a worker work Full day and earn 600/-

3. If a worker work full day and earn 550/- in a day

4. If a worker get salary over 15000/- p.m,

5. If a worker get salary below 15000/- p.m,

6. If a worker work 15 days only and get salary over avg. salary Rs. 580/- per day

7. What about Gratuity, Bonus, Leave etc.

Piece rate calculation formula is = Total Piece rate amount of the month/26 is it right?

If it is right some months comes 31 days and weekly off come only 4 days then what will be calculation

=Total piece rate salary /27 if a worker work 27 physical days in a months.

So, you are requested to solve my problems and give me complete details regarding piece rate policy and reply me ASAP.

I am waiting for you kind information.

Thanks & Regards,

Bijender Sharma

From India, Delhi
Terence.Kappahl
Hi Bijender,

Firstly I am confused. The wage rates you have specified seem to be as per Daily Time Rate/Wage.? Piece rate is essentially a rate per piece/item produced irrespective of the time taken.

With piece rate work, there are only the following considerations to be taken into account:-

1: Ensure that there is a fall back rate, i.e. if the worke does not get enough pcs supplied to him/her during the normal working hours of the day, then a rate should be set that is in accordance with the Minimum Wages for that category of work and skill level - which should be the minimum guarantee for the worker.

[This should be clearly stated in their written appointment orders]

2: Ensure that there is a system of proper recording of output/production of the piece rate workers, by measuring their output v/s target.

3: All statutory obligations for social security, entitlements, etc would be applicable.

If time rated workers, then their issue of calculation of daily wage rate is based on either 26 days without separate payment of Weekly off days, or based on days of the month with payment for weekly off days. The choice is yours, however must be made clear at the time of appointment of such category of workers.

From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.