Vennila Natarajan
648 views!!!!!
Few replies!!!
Hope each and every HR professional is asking this question
to the candidate. Why can't you give your comments and suggestions
and your expected answer for this question...

From India, Madras
durga2

Hi Friends,
This is a wonderful topic to be discussed. Friends I feel that we often know that almost all the candidates try to impress in the interview. Those who can not, they try to gain sympathy whether by telling the truth or making false story. But I always see that how smartly a candidate is presenting himself & how smartly he can convince me even if he is lying. These answers should not scare HR persons to hire a candidate coz if it happens it proves that their organisation is also doing injustice wid the employees & candidates would leave the organisation soon. But if they trust their Org. that it protects the interest of all so even if they hire such candidate, candidate would stay in the org for a longer period of time. I strongly believe that if u trust urself u can trust all coz u know nothing is gonna be wrong untill u go wrong.

From India, Delhi
Sanjeev.Himachali

In the Job Interviews, you are not suppose to bad-mouth your previous compnay or the policies of previous companies. It is as simple as this. It gives the impression that "today you are saying bad about your present organization and tomorrow you might say bad about my company".
Just remember that just like familes and couples...no company is perfect. You do not divorce your spouse or leave your family if they watch TV on high-volume or if they make sound while drinking a cup of tea...do you? At the same time you do not talk bad about them at public places. Do you???
See the things in totality and not on their face value.
Thanks and Regards

From India, Mumbai
durga2

Vennila,

I agree wid wot u say, but we need to face the truth. for whatever reason the employee is leaving the services but hiding the truth would not change the behaviour. his/her behaviour would remain same. If an employee leaves his/her services coz of the reasons mentioned above & he/she does not reveal the fact in the interview not because he/she does not want to degrade his previous boss or policies of previous co. but because he/she knows that if he /she does so it would spoil his/her own image. But mind it he/she would still remain the same person from inside, the same person who has ill thinking for his/her previous boss or who is not happy wid his/her previous co. & he/she would repeat the same action if same treatment he/she is given in new company. So i feel that the truth should always be welcomed as it helps in longer run. we should not have such attitude that this candidate is speaking ill abt his co. so he/she can be disloyal to us even. instead of thinking negative we need to think that wot happened wid him/her in previous co which forced him to leave the job, we would not let this thing happen with any of our employees. It would help us avoiding bitter pills wid sugar coating.

Regards

From India, Delhi
Vennila Natarajan
Thanks Sanjeev,
Thanks Durga,
We does'nt bad mouth about the previous company or the BOSS, but during referral they have started saying lies about the employees, which spoil the career, what I wish to convey is "do not give much more importance to the referral check, selection should not be based on the feedback from the "X" BOSS or "HR", it has to be purely on the face value, qulaifications, interview and performances...."
We have to accept one thing, if the employees leave the company against the management request to stayback for various reasons, obviously he/she has to get worst referral feedback...

From India, Madras
durga2

Thank you Yash for your appreciation. I would like to add few more lines in reply of what Sanjeev said. Sanjeev as you say that clashes are everywhere even at your home, with your spouse, family but you can not think of leaving them coz nobody is perfect. Well said but the kind of trust we have on our family members, on our spouse , no storm can shake that trust. No matter how many times we fight at home wid our family or spouse but we know they are the people who love us most. An employee can feel the same way for organization but that trust needs to be developed. Org. Should win the trust of the employees then you see employee would never leave the company.
From India, Delhi
durga2

Vennila,
I agree wid u. Thats the reason now many companies do not go for referral check. They jst ask the candidates to produce the original copy of appointment letter, releaving letter, Salary slip of last working month. Some organizations who go for referral check need to understand this point.

From India, Delhi
K.Ravi

Hah Sanjeev,
You are comparing the relationship which a person has with family members with the relationship with colleagues, peers at work..
Both relationships are different and cannot at all be compared... Family relationships are more important than the job relations.. and a comparison between them is unimaginable...
Comparing relationship of you boss, coworker, of ur with the relation that you have at home with your wife, mom, dad, sis, bro etc is crap.
And all HR here are justifying it ...

From India, Pune
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.