No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Who will held responsible for Attrition
Employee 49 9.35%
Boss 202 38.55%
Compensation & Job Profile 273 52.10%
Voters: 524. You may not vote on this poll

preetk

Hi Sandeep,
Again you have disappointed and wasted one more day.
Hi All,
Pls find the next question by me.
What are the stages of HR Evolution (Start from Labour Management Till People Practice)
Write stages of HR evolution and two line description about each stage)
Preet

From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi All, Seema, Lavanya, John : what happened no answer from you people also. Try this question. Otherwise I will give the answer tomorrow morning Preet
From India, Bangalore
lavanya_april

Hi Preeth,
I could not get the exact answer for your question.
But i got some important events in the field of HR.
Correct me if i am wrong.
Important events in the field of HR
Early 1900s
Taylorism theory based on the assumption that workers were lazy and driven mostly by money.
1920 s
Human relations movement is introduced
The society for Human resource management is established and today has members from over 125 countries
1950s
MBA courses begin to teach mostly male students supportive management techniques.
The practice of Management by Peter Drucker is published and was the first book to recognize managing as a separate responsibility.
1980s
360 degree feedback is introduced.
Dilbert is published and satirizes the typical white-collar , micromanaged office and all the politics that get in the way of productivity.
Job boards are introduced due high degree of job hopping.
Regards,
Lavanya.

From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Lavanya,

Atlast I got some answer. Good. I can accept your answer partly correct, so I can give you 75% marks. (just joking) Your answer is good, but too much focused on HR. If you know the HR aspect has come into existence during late 90's.

In a simple manner I will try to put in my views on evolution of HR. I am not sure about the years, so I will be putting the stages only

Labour Management: Initially the employees are treated as labours and the management decision are final. Employees were suppressed.

Personnel Management:
Little bit recognition or respect has been given to the employees and the concept of labour was removed

Industrial Relations: The concept of management is gone and the employees started getting respectful positions and acceptance from the management, and they mgt tried to maintain good industrial harmony by implementing the concept of Industrial Relations. This concept was in existence till early 90's

Human Resources Management: Much more recognition and respect have been given to the employees. The discrimination was removed , however, the concept of management was followed. It was immediately changed as the concept of management was not accepted by the employees

Human Resources Development: The concept of development has evolved to identify the existing talent from an individual and make use of it to the development of an organisation. Also train the raw individual according to the requirement of the orgn with required skills.

Human Relations: Early 2000's many people were come out with the required skills or trained with the skills, the development from the orgn was not necessary. There was no situation for development activities in an orgn. When an employee available with the required skills, the demand was more, so to retain them the companies started following the system of Human Relations, wherein the employee was taken care well for his requirements in career and monetarily.

People Practice: Advance version of Human Relations is People Practice. This requires a professional approach to practice people behaviour. That is why the HR professionals are called PRACTICING PROFESSIONALS. This concept not only includes the Human Relations, it also includes taking care of complete requirements of employees as well as organisation's.

Hope this answer might be helpful to you all, however, if anyone differ from my views, your comments are most welcome, as sometime my assumptions also may go wrong. So I thought of discussing little bit on this topic, then we can proceed with the next question.

Lavanya you are the winner, you can post the next question tomorrow, as I mentioned we need to discuss this concept little bit in brief. What say?

Pls comment.

Preet

From India, Bangalore
lavanya_april

Hi Preet,
Thanks for your inputs.
The info you gave is very useful. Some are new to me. Some i have heard in my lectures.
I guess you are right. Lets wait for some comments on it till tomo noon.
Then i will post my question.
Regards,
Lavanya.

From India, Madras
seema singh
Hi all,
Day before yesterday, i too faced the same problem of not being able to log into citehr. I tried quite a few times.
The question of HR evolution is good....And the answer by preet is quite better.
:D
Seema
Take Care !

From India, Lucknow
lavanya_april

Hi John, Thanks. This technical prob is faced by almost every cite hr member, i believe. Mr.Peer has written about it to the technical team also it seems!!! Regards, Lavanya.
From India, Madras
lavanya_april

Hi All, My question is WHAT IS HR OUTSOURCING? ITS MERITS AND DEMERITS TO A COMPANY? Regards, Lavanya
From India, Madras
preetk

Hi Lavanya, I have a big article about it. If no one post the answer, then I will post the answer for it. Meanwhile I will try to edit on this topic in short form. Preet
From India, Bangalore
preetk

Hi All, What happened? No answers. Ok! No probs. Let us wait till Monday morning, if we didn’t receive any answer, either me or Lavanya can post the answer. Preet
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.