Ankdev

Hi all
Can someone tell me that if we are rejecting any candidate whose interview we had taken for a particular position then how would we go about intimating him or telling him when he is hinself calling up for the result.
I always find difficult telling someone you are being rejected.
Please help out
Regards
Ankit

From India, Pune
Swati.hr

Hi Ankit,
It is really difficult to tell to a candidate like that.. But anyways we have to inform them.. The way should be like encouraging them and you can tell that his performance was good but the position is filled rite now and will contact him in future.. And wish him for a bright future..
Regards,
Sowmya

From India, Bangalore
binzy16

Hi Ankit,
I agree that,its embarressing to tell some one that they are rejected in an interview. But the fact is that,you can really help the candidates improve themselves by giving them a true feedback on their performance.
You can tell them that the result is delayed and just tell them indirectly that it may be negative but you are not too sure about it. Then give your feedback and suggestions if any. Just wind the call by saying that, if you get any positive reply you'll get back to them soon.
Hope this makes some sense to you.
Thanks.
binzy

From India, Bangalore
rupa.jobfrontier

Dear Ankit
I agree with benzy, being a consultant, i get nearly 40 to 50 calls perday asking bout he feed back, and mostly i have to say that they are rejected.
infact i felt really bad to say that earlier, but now, when i get the feedback from the interview panel, i get the fedback like where that candidate lagged and mostly we know the reason, why they got rejected.
Hence you have to tell them in what round they got rejected also.
might be you can tell a candidate that he had performed well in the first round and when he came for the second round he flunked.
wherein it will him an idea to develop himslef for the next interviews. by the way saying that he is a reject you can help him also, otherwise he will be having hopes bout the opportunity.
I think you got the answer for your question.
Thanks and regards
Rupa

From India, Madras
kr_gan

Hi, Its better to tell the candidate that the news is not positive for him. You’ll be contacting him in future for openings which his profile Kornika
From India, Calcutta
monicakaushik2007

Hi Ankit,
Ya thats true, its very difficult to tell a candidate about his rejection. But we can help him by providing him the correct information and letting him know his areas of weakness.
This would really help him to improve and do better in the next interview.
Regards,
Monica

From India, Delhi
r.vijey

Hi,
As people say its one of the most embarrassing task but its totally unfair that my of the corporates and consultants avoid facing the candidate. I wish to inform you that we are responsible for the candidate for feedback what ever it takes to.
I request you to convey the feedback to the candidate as we have complete responsibility to inform him how he missed the opportunity so that he can rectify.
Regards
Vijay

From India, Coimbatore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.