No Tags Found!

parthasarthi

Madam/Sir,

I can understand your situation although I did not experience this kind of situation but I do witnessed many people frequently changing jobs and even field.
If you have started career with one particular job then gradualy you gain expeerience as well as expertise into that subject. Your experience and expertise is bring paid as experienced teacher/lecturer/reader etc...
But suddenly changing your highly valuable experience & expertise damages your total achievents and you focus on another field. This new field you are baby unlike your previous job you gain more value added experience and your market price will be more compare to newly acuired field.

Market pay for your experience and expertise but you got tempted with some lucarative HR hob profile where you sacrificed your highly rated and priced experience job.

this is your mistake you cannot reverse your age to start building what is lost or invested in to past experience. You have to spend same years to become as valuable to your previous experience.

You are wasting only your time and energy for no gurantee of restoration of your reputation and achievement in previous field.

partho

From Saudi Arabia
exiafsergeant

Dear Anju,
I felt very pained to read your post. Indeed you are into a situation where you need to be very-very careful. Thank God you have been retained as HR and you have taken good initiative and completed 6-7 months in MBA HR.
I strongly suggest, hold on and save your job, continue your HR MBA. It gives right signals to your employer that you are keen to work with them in your present profile and you have even started acquiring knowledge on the subjetc.
However, silently and without any fuss, and smartly approach your previous employer ie school and tell them that you are intrested to revert back, they may consider you again for similar position, if they consider accept it.
In these harsh times its better to hone your existing skills than to go in for entirely new skills. You will find yourself at a starting position, which I suggest is not a good idea especially when you are 44+.
All the best, Cheers ! God Bless.
Exserg
God helps those who help themselves.

From India, New Delhi
sarita_thakur12345

i would like to suggest you that you should switch to previous profile as u have much exp. in that as you told ur age is 44 so its really hard to start your career in hr.
companies will not consider your past exp. for them u r fresher
so, do wht u feel is correct. dun go with heart use brain and take right decision
i hope you will find ur way
bye
sarita

From India, Panipat
uniquenaga

Dear Ms.Anju,
Don't loose your confidence and try to continue with the current job. You will definetiley get a path to prove yourself.
Alongside try to become full fledged trainer.
You mentioned about the condition is miserable. What you exactly meant? Is that low increment? Then for your info, at present everywhere they do give only megre increment.
Since yours is American based firm, the forturne cycle will come soon and you can expect good hike in sal.
SINCERE PRAYER GIVES ANSWER DEFINITELY. DO SINCERE PRAYERS.
regards,
Uniquenaga:)

From India, Madras
SATYAJIT NAIR
Dear Anju,

I am not quite clear on what your role was as Ops - Head of the Preschool chain and thereafter what the demands of your current role are.

Also, would like to be clear on what prompted you to join the American firm.

Were there any common threads in the nature of responsibilities you handled as Op - Head at the Educational Firm and then subsequently offered by the American Firm?

What were the factors that contributed to your considering the offer from the American firm?

Was there anything genuinely exciting about the profile or was it more of a monetary consideration?

If the decision was more on the monetary front, then you lmay ook for opportunities more in line with your competencies or even better closer to what you would be happy doing. For an educated and an experienced individual the opportunities today are limitless...

On the other hand, if the decision to join the American firm had more to do with the nature of responsibilities then you may explore the following options!

Given the fact, that the American firm has been considerate and chose to retain you in a different role rather than taking a drastic step such as retrenchment, you may discuss with them on possible avenues more in line with what you would like to do...Who knows in the process you may just land up with your dream job without changing the organization…Alternatively, upon completing your HR course you may explore opportunities within the HR discipline as a natural progression to your degree… ...HR is a vast domain where there are several opportunities specially in areas such as Learning & Development (L&D), Employee Engagement, where your background and skills as a teacher can be gainfully employed....

Hence, you may need to do some amount of introspection on this and then decide for yourself the best course of action...

Best of luck...

Satya

From India, Bangalore
incad
Hi Anju
My suggestion is to go back to your teaching. Because, training is different from teaching (especially corporate training). With your experience, I am sure you will manage your HR Role. But you will glow with your teaching career. Pl decide which one you want.
I am also concerned about your statement : "The blunder was to quit that wonderful place and profile for very trivial reasons." Pl analyse whether your inner self is comfortable with corporate culture.
DR.J. VASANTHA KUMARI
INCAD

Milind Jagtap

hi... if you dont have any support then go back to your domain which is education, otherwise or learn HR and try to grow in this field by any means dont worry try out every thing. any??? 9422257065
From India, Pune
udayalakshmi
Hi Anju
First stop feeling miserable and blame anyone and or yourself for the present situation. Try and analyse and take a right decision now. I suggest, it is right for you to utilise your domain knowledge of Education and get back to the same line. Today the best field is Education and you should utilise your experience in the same area where you have always been comfortable and have experience. You have very good opportunities both in India and abroad in this area. Please look at them and go ahead
udayalakshmi

sunita123

Dear Anju,
Sry to know abt the things at your end......Anyway my sincere suggestion to you is to get back to the domain you were handling for the last 9 yrs EDUCATION cos now you are un -necessarily taking the troubles and pains wch a FRESHER should be taking in his respective field nt somebody with your experience.This will hamper your confidence very badly............as there are bound to be hurdles in learning all the HR functions and becoming proficient in it.
There is nothing that you have lost due to recession or any other thing of that sort.It's just that you have to recorrect your decision that's it.
My Best Wishes !!!!!!!

From India, Hyderabad
anitha_sarjan
HI Anju,
Have a pen and paper handy with you.
Write down on a paper what are your strengths and weakness.
if you are a person who accepts changes then i recommend you to stay in HR role. Its a new learing, you already know whats there in teaching field, explore HR field as well, then you can always go back to your profession with additional experience.
Regards
Anitha

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.