rameshbashyam@yahoo.com

hi ms.anju,
from your post, it seems you shifted for more monetary reason. as Headmistress you should be having a proven track record and there are opportunities aplenty. so get back to something you have worked earlier and been comfortable with. your misery will fade away.
we expect positive vibes from you once you are back in academics and sharing with us the wealth of your experience.

From India, Madras
megha_baroi
dear Mam,
Must say that u are at an advantage to have a diverse profile. I too worked with a school for a couple of years and then entered corporate training. I discovered that this feild is still in need of people who have the right kind of skills.May be u could also try out this side too....all the best

From India, Indore
Super IsaBel
hello,
When I have dilemnas in my life I always see the positive and negative sides of both choices, then I check which one is the more important one for me. This system clarified me a lot of time.
What you could do is ask for evaluation of ex-colleagues or advice from your closest acquaintances.
good luck - talent is everywhere but sometimes difficult to find it or needs more time to blossom
Denise

From Belgium, Sint-niklaas
Shobha Bhat
similar plight...HR is really walking on a tight rope..we cant brood on the past...understand the deliverables n work on it...easy for u rather... regards, shobha bhat
From India, Bangalore
saleem21aug
hmm hi anju ,
well what to say... dont feel bad that you have to start it again.. HR is quite easy job with lot of pressures... so stay cool and enjoy your work let it be what ever job it is..
just listen to your inner mind what you feel

From India, Madras
Ash Mathew

Hi Ravi,
I don't know if you are doing this for fun, or whether you are serious at all.
But see how many things you have which others don't? If you start seeing only the bad aspects / or aspects that can be changed - and take no efforts in being positive - I guess you are the problem here. Not life.

From India, Madras
mksharma63

Hi Anju,
I am not aware of your personal financial status at 44 years of age and load of current liabilities. If you are the sole earner or have a load of financial liabilities like kids education, house loan, kids settlement etc. etc. (which is obvious for this age group) than try for safe domain where you have expertise and you will be paid for your experience.
Else sky is the limit for you. Whether HR or any other creative field which interests you, you will progress as you have years of rich experience of practical life. If you have aptitude to learn and apply in life, your previous experience will help you to make learning and apply your learnings. The only one thing which can become obstacle for you is - with age people tend fix their notions and thinking beyond. So let this not happen to you. Have an open mind.So go beyond the boundaries and create a new history for your self.

From India, Delhi
Sai Nandan Bohare

Hi!
Please donot feel miserable, at this time of recession your company has given an opportuinity to you learn & grow & has retained you knowing that you have to potential to develop & you will be helpfull in there future operations. look around you will find lot of people who been retrenched from copmaines for lack of work and you are lucky one who has been not only retained but also given an opportuinity to learn & grow. I respect your management for the commitment they are showing to employees.
Talk to management what are their future plans for you on the basis of that you can decide your course of action, also you have been a teacher by proffession you can easily adapt trainning & development role & can be help of company in moulding teachers sent abroad.
Be happy & enjoy
Happy Teachers Day
RGDS
SNB

From India, Bhopal
edwin2005
Hai
I think this is a dilemma many face when they try their hand at a new job. You are 44 and had been successful in a field. If the only reason you quit is for more pay i think you have to go back. It is not difficult to suceed in studying or working in HRM. But is your heart there? Is that what you had set for yourself. If no, GO BACK.
Edwin:-P

From India, New Delhi
nandu1983

Hi,
My suggession is goback to the earlier field itself as u have got vast experience and teaching is a very good and respectable profession where u can grow to still higher position and the MBA degree which u have taken can also make use by teaching to college students after completeing the course.
With regards,
Nandini M S

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.