Haribdm

Hi,
Thanks for the mail,but according to the labour law currently , the visa gets automatically cancelled and the passport number will be sent to the absconding list in the UAE embassy,moreover we cannot enter UAE for the entire life... is that true?

From India
MANMAKER

Dear friend.
if you have work permit visa in UAE, Exist the country more then 6 months then your visa going to cancell automtical and your passport detils going to immmgartion for life time ban!
Regards
Raghav

From United Arab Emirates, Dubai
sanseli07

mildred what they go by his date of stamping on the visa.
i too have come over instances of something similar..
u can do one thing... check gulf news..under ASK THE LAW
u will notice that the person answering qs contradicts his answers ....

phrca

Well hi all

Have spent sometime in dubai as a matter of fact the past 6 1/2 years. Could maybe contribute to the discussion

A) dubai is currently following an outdated labour law but which is now under revision and is available for all to see in the UAE ministry site

B) as far as bans go all cancelled visas immediately and automatically get a 6 months ban unless NOC is provided by employer.

C) Further incase 6 month ban is there then visit visa is usually taken for the candidate and then renewed after 3 month.Trips to Kish for junior management and to India or as applicable is usually done for the visa change

d) in the event that an employer files an absconding report at labour then this at least in dubai requires proper justification and proof.sometimes people are on vacation or company sends for projects out of UAE project bombs absconding report is filed!!! so then an absconding report is filed person id banned from entry into UAE please note this(all 7 emirates for life) before computerization people used to enter through other emirates.So no chance of a visit also

e)If one year ban is put then also at least in dubai the company has to be very powerful and have excellent contacts.If not the labour does no accept.Becaus in the event of 1 year ban also person cannot enter UAE on visit.It gos to immigration dept. also so no entry.

F) with reference to an article in Gulf news 4 months back approximately there is no comprehensive mention of bans in the labour laws.It seems that labour department themselves are confused about this.

G) Lastly labour laws are different from free zones.There there is no bans.You can change companies provided contract is fulfilled

H) In the event that probation is on then also companies that sponsor the visa have a right to ban the employee which is what many of the companies do.

I) Lastly to combat such practises Mission visa is now instituted in dubai labour.where a person is given visa for four months and his depending on the contract between company and individual even family can be brought to uae.This is good for it and short term projects or also for top positions in probation.

Now after having said all this i also have to inform you that there are companies which are owned by the government that are not even registered with the labour dept.YES this is true.they do not have any of there employee contracts registered with labour dept because they are government or as i call it semi public since govt companies now seem to have IPO's that are grand!! You would not believe this but these companies can do what they want.they deal directly with the immigration and an employee who has been wronged cannot go to labor because the labour says they are not registered with us and they do not come within our jurisdiction!!!

Lastly there is also premptive visa for govt. semi govt companies.In the event that they need you they will ask you if the current company is going to ban you when you leave.In the event that you say yes they will give something called a preemptive application!!! You wouldn't believe but with this application when the current company cancels visa and tries to put any ban they will be told that the moment visa is cancelled the person has been transfered to another visa:) hence the preemptive application.but this is only possible for govt. semi govt.

At the very end as long as the company is not semi government or any such extremely powerful company there are sources through which even the 1 year ban can be removed:) unfortunately i cannot state these sources but they are available in dubai.Basically the record of your ban will be erased and you can apply for a visa again :)

As for the 6 month ban the option is is visit visa or in case of big companies they give a letter to labour and get ban removed.

Well hope all that was useful.Will do my best to give more information where possible

From India, Mumbai
arunbiji

Dear All,
Let me introduce myself , Iam Arun , working in Dubai. I think in HR eventhough Laws are important you can anytime check with your lawyer & get the thing done. Most importantly HR is going to be in Huge demand on tow aspects Talent acquisition & Retention. Can we analyse the recruitment strategies generally adopted here in this part of the world & try to learn some thing very dynamic .

ramana kumar

hi guys iam looking same kind of discussions who stays in DOHA ....is there anybody from doha city ramana
From India, Hyderabad
sanseli07

hi arun, welcome to the forum... anyone interested in posting any info or has a query pls feel free to ask us..... take care
bipin_baroda

I am hari , working as a BDM in bangalore. I was working in dubai , due to ma father's health condition I was forced to come back to india. I did not cancel ma employment visa in dubai. Now i have planned to go for higher studies , I wanted to know that whether will it be an issues since I have not cancelled the visa. Will it affect my career if I am planning to go to some other countries?? When I asked my company , they told me that if i am not returning back in 6 months the visa will get automatically cancelled.
Regards,
Hari
there would be no problem for you as your employer would cancel your visa them self as it is compulsory as per uae law to cancel the visa, one more reason to cancel your visa is that they would get back the visa deposit amount from the labour office.

From India, Calicut
saisrikanthhr

Nice meeting you Guys. I would like to introduce myself as Sai Srikanth working in Dubai as HR Executive.. having 5 years experience in HR Core functions from Hyderabad, India.
I had joined last 31st Dec 2007 with Free Zone VISA in Dubai.

farooqismail
Hi ,
I am Farooq here and i wanted to know more about Dubai Labour Laws, as I am Planning to come to Dubai for a Job hunt in the HR Domain. And any Good Consultants in Dubai who can assist me getting a Job. And also if any one can help me getting the Salary Structure for HR in Dubai.
Regards
Farooq Ismail

From India
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.