View Poll Results: Should we retain such employees?
Yes 105 37.50%
No 178 63.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

maumita
In my opinion, if the lady has agreed to take a transfer and continue working with the company, then the measures taken by the organisation to support her is fine.
The gentleman seems to be unstable at this moment. In this state, if he is transfered to the Mumbai branch (just because the company doesnt want to lose him) then it will be a 'passing the parcel' solution which wont be helpful in the long run.
You may offer this gentleman to take a period of leave and sort things out.
Else you should let him take a call.....Professionally we cant do much in this matter.......

From India, Bhubaneswar
Ramya.R

I think it better to drop both the employees because today or tomorrow they are really a pain to the organisation. even if company transfer her to the other branch and if they don't transfer him he will sure be in touch vid tht grl which no one has right to say NO. now company has to decided whether to take the risk if company is ready to tke a risk they can relocate her, then other ppl sure will start spk things which is not necessary and end of the day bad name to company and ppl will tke company for granted i rely don't agree that company cannot hire ppl better than them, i am sure we cannot compare the work of other people but sure we can get the best. so better don't entertain such cases and don't spoil your company environment.
From India, Bangalore
seshu.anadasu
let the lady alone be transferred to another location. donot touch the husband. let him work in the same place. dont consider his request for getting transferred to mumbai. i didnt unerstand why the company struggled to control outsiders. just push them out saying personal problems are not entertained at work place. suspending good human capital is not advisable. instead counsel the employees. if they decide that both cannot live together they can apply for divorce and live separately. we should consider employees individually but not as husband and wife. we have to utilize their talent.
From India, Visakhapatnam
Manish Swami
Dear,
This kind of problems are regular in todays scenerio.In an organisation where both male & female employees are working together,H.R. People must be ready to face this kind of problems.In my opinion you should not transfer to anyone of them.by transfering them you are incouraging other employees also to indulge them in this kind of activity and in that condition how many employees u will transfer.So,It is better for you to go for some hard decision.
Regards,
Manish Swami

hammad.malik
Mr. Kumar,
With due respect ,
I am very much agree to you and respect your views, but have one apprehension that it is also come in HR discussion /knowledge , as a case study , like answering a question how to handle such employees.
Yeh ! but there must not be pulp fiction in the same topics and do not bring them as a gossipings element.
I being a HR Professional , suggest a coaching discussion as a great tool , if not works , then go for Hard Decesion , and fired.
The cost of supporting that sort of culture can bring HR diseases to your organization. therefore , it is good to bear cost of loosing them or vice versa.
Regards,
Hammad

From Pakistan, Islamabad
suresh ramarathnam
It is disturbing when someone interferes with a individual freedom unless it disturbs the functioning of the organization. It is ideal to counsel and help the concerned parties rather than expose them to all the other collegues. In this case the exposure is what has made the things worsen rather than solve problem. The action of the husband shows he genuinely care to solve the problem
From India, Mumbai
gpmishra@indiatimes.com
You are helping to ruin two families. These are short term and mostly physical and distance itself will finish the affair.
You are responsible for social lives of employees also being a HR worker. How can you allow this to happen in the organisation. It is a matter of moral turpitude.
You have to seriously look into it.
Gyan Prakash Mishra
Dy. General Manager - HR
Dalmia Cement Bharat Limited

From India, Bangalore
kvnkishore
yeh! proximity breeds familiarity and closeness . work place romance is no new phenomenon in the corporate world. twist in the tail is that the couple are in the same establishment. recent studies indicate that little flirtations improve productivity provided they do not hamper the work and work- outputs. EMA usually donot last long and the best way to treat them is to ignore till they become public shows. in such cases counselling and admonition if needed be are the tools on hand .

divyansh
Well, I guess your company should handle the situation profesionally,
I am sure that this person will not leave the organization if not transfered to the mumbai office.
I dont think transfering him is a good idea, infact by not doing so you will be helping him to remain loyal to his family.
Mind it, a person who does nt have the gutts to accept his act in front of his family - who is not loyal, cant b loyal to the company aswel.
my advise is that let him solve the things on his own. and imagine you are not doing gud to the lady who has been transfered to the mumbai office. You are doing no fair to her by getting her to face the same problem again if this guy goes mumbai
All the best!

From India, Lucknow
anitakimmatkar
i think the step which you have taken for the lady is right, but do not support the man, as i feel that if he wants the transfer then he should first inform his family and then only u should consider his request otherwise his wife and relatives will come to office and create a unnecessory scene.
From India, Mumbai
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.