hansa vyas

Dear all,
I was out of this site for long due to some constrain so cannot share my views.Apologise for that.But its good to see many new members in this forum.
I would like to know how multigas detector works?
How does the sensor senses the gas?
what is there in those sensors?
How it is calibrated?
i mean all basic about working of gas detectors.
Looking forward for your replies...
Regards,
Hansa Vyas

From India, Udaipur
dipil

Dear Hansa
Let me try to answer your query...
1. I would like to know how multigas detector works?
In multi gas detectors, different sensors are present in built which suited for different gases... As detectors measure a gas concentration, the sensor responds to a calibration gas, which serves as the reference point or scale... As a sensor’s detection exceeds a preset alarm level, the alarm or signal will be activated...
2&3. How does the sensor senses the gas? what is there in those sensors?
Based on different mechanisms like semiconductors, oxidation, catalytic, infrared, etc. The standard cells present in the sensor is matching to the input air which goes in it and if against the calibarated value, its raising alarm...You may get further details from the attachments...
4. How it is calibrated?
We have to refer the operational manual of individual detecotors for knowing the caliberation procedure...
I hope this may be helpful to you... Do let me know your comments...

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Kane 900 plus manual.DOC (1.85 MB, 103 views)

hansa vyas

Dear Dipil,
thanks for valuable information.
This is actually operating manual.Any waysin the attachment above there is a table
product specification. For O2 Range is written as 0-21%, now suppose O2 is above 21% than what will happen.will it measure it or not.?
Regards,
Hansa

From India, Udaipur
raghuvaran chakkaravarthy

Dear dipil,
Thanks for your answers. . .
Dear Hansa,
Its suppose O2 range increased gas detectors show the value mean time raise the alarm/sound i have used MSA type gas detectors in my site. . .
Please let me know. . .

From United States, Fpo
dipil

Dear Hansa
First of all sorry for being late... I missed out to reply to this thread...
Raghu has already answred to your query... The set point for alarm is putting according to our requirement by the manufactorer... If it's 21% high alarm level for Oxygen and in case the atmosphere is having more than 21% it will give alarm and will stop only when the atmosphere reach back to normal condition, ie. 21 or below 21.
Now you may go through the attached another manual of Multi gas Detector of honeywell... You will get a lot info regarding the gas detectors from it...
@Raghu: Thanks for your inputs into the thread.
Keep on sharing and keep up the pace...

From India
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: pdf GasAlertMicroClip_Manual(D5908-2-EN).pdf (1.01 MB, 81 views)

Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.