No Tags Found!

vieroots-hr1
Hi everyone, I am the HR Admin of a health care company. In our company, no one is wearing face mask including the persons from the management. I have told them so many times and sent warning mails also, but no use. Whether I can take strict action against those who are not wearing the face masks?
From India, Kochi
drsivaglobalhr

Dear Colleague,

In most of the public places, Mask is compulsory and non-wearing of mask invites fine. It is similar to Helmet where we find people are not serious. In the case of mask also people are not at all serious. You can not fight this as a sole warrior and you will end up in frustration. It happened in may organization. Hence my suggestion would be:

- Formulate a clear Reward and Reprimand Policy for Mask Wearing that too in Health Care set up
- In the policy define first time warning, second time fine, third time half day no pay, forth time full day no pay, then No- Entry if No- Mask/ If some one behaves wrongly then disciplinary action

- You need to enroll your top management and all your HODs/Managers to the policy

- Communicate the policy clearly to all

-Start enforcing from a stipulated date

From India, Chennai
saswatabanerjee

If your senior management is ignoring the rule, then there is little chance you will be able to do anything on this.

You need to see whether the Disaster Management Act is still in force in your area (meaning the notification requiring use of face mask is not revoked or has not lapsed), then only you can take action against them. The only other case where you can do so is when there is an internal requirement notified in the Employee Handbook or in the Certified Standing orders or the Safety Procedure issued by the safety committee or the Medical Officer.

Again, in spite of that, without management support, you are just wasting your time

From India, Mumbai
loginmiraclelogistics

Most of the states have not lifted SOP notified under the DMA. Now and then sec.144 itself is re-introduced with relaxation. Like wise in work places also these instructions shall apply. Anyhow fines are soft options. Also at the entrance, compulsorily implement wearing masks. When Reporting without masks issue masks at the gate, at their costs.
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.