nalinikumari_1982

All,
Our company salary increase period is Jan-Dec. I am preparing the salary proposal for 2009. I am planning to raise a proposal of 16% to my corporate. rquest you all to forward the 2008 salary survey report which will help me to get the approval easier.
Thank you
Nalini

gaggan_sahni

In this period of global recession on what basis are you proposing to the Management 16%....There is a turn around in the wages this year and in my opinion it would be very restrictive to no more than 13%, being maximum for the top performers…..As the profit margins of the company are being hit and there is an industry slow down so instead of resorting to measuring like down sizing and reducing cost through man power it is better to give the employees less hike this year and make them understand the resons for the same…BTW to which sector r u from……
From United Kingdom
S.Chandrasekar

Nalini,
If your staff members have not been properly appraised last year, see to that they are done with good hike to compensate with the market situation and economy. I have seen companies where fixation was very low last year and hoping for a better hike the employees continued to stay till this year.
If again the hike is done from 5 -10% citing economy crisis as reason this year, then the parrots will fly away with a heavy heart that they were cheated for the last two years.
Now with the market situation is low, employees cannot even go for betterment. Poor guys... a HR manager has to do some justice to them. Do something to retain them because you cannot hire anyone for a lower salary than what he was drawing earlier.
Regards,
Chandru
Manager-HR

From India, Madras
malvina
Salary increments are proposed based on the Salary survey data....conducted by consultants(you hire for this study) eg;e & y,hewitt,mercer,hay etc..u need to do the survey by choosing the competetiors in the same feild/industry of buz n not benchmark with all industries.
Either ask the consultant to do a database survey (one yr records) for off the shelf data which is available with these consultants or fresh data to be collected from the atleast 10 competetiors.
once the data is presented you as HR will need to analyse it and fragment it thorougly...only then will u be able to propose the increment % or else its a baseless excercise.
Do this survey for onetime and the next year you can age the data internally thru a SME.
Malvina Ashok

From India, Calcutta
shilpavrao1
Hi Guys, Can anyone help me with the latest salary hikes projected for 2009 in engineering sector at Bangalore
From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.