gobarchand

Dear Colleagues, At what extent the relevance of an Employee ID Card increase/decrease with/without validity period printed on it????????????????? Regards/ Manish Gupta/Lucknow
From India, Ghaziabad
Raj Kumar Hansdah

Dear Manish
It is not considered safe or proper to have Employee ID Card extending till perpetuity; as there can be misuse and the very purpose of having Identification of emloyees; gets defeated.
Generally, ID cards are kept valid for 3 or 5 years or till the superannuation of the employee concerned, whichever is earlier.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
gobarchand

Actually every card costs for us is approximately INR.140 & no. of employees are more than 1500, so the budget affects us more heavily, and as far as perpetuity is concerned, we never allow any employee to process its Full & final settlement without submitting ID cards to HR deptt. May be the frequency of misusing is quite low so can't we roll upon other factors other than least frequent misuses.
Rgds/ Manish

From India, Ghaziabad
Raj Kumar Hansdah

I have considered all the aspects in your reply.
In that case you need not put any EXPIRY date (e.g. VALID till....) on the ID card itself.
Management can take up the issue of new cards as and when it feels or as per need in case of Lost and Damaged cards.
Warm regards.

From India, Delhi
gobarchand

Thanks a lot Raj Sir...actually I had a prolonged discussion on this topic with one of the senior official, ultimately we got a conclusion to consider the misuses of ID card
factor more than cost.
Rgds/Manish

From India, Ghaziabad
subhransu pattank
Dear Collegues
Recently I am facing a problem of sanctioning leave. The matter is an employee with Managerial grade remained absent on Saturday and Sunday was his weekly Off further Monday was declared Holiday, thereafter he remained leave till saturday.Please suggest whether SATURDAY,SUNDAY AND MONDAY will be the absent or only Saturday will be the absent.
Thanks and regards
S.M.PATTANAIK

From India, Calcutta
roger cadion

Hi, I would have to agree with Manish. The implementation or design of control should consider the cost/benefit it would deliver. Roger.
From Saudi Arabia, Khobar
manifaro

HI,
Employee Id card with validity can be determined yearly. If A joins a company on 1.1.2013 the validity should be upto 31.12.2013. Later if he continues, his old id card to be surrender to get new validity Id card. If he leaves he should submit the card prior before exit. We can control the misuse of the card and same wise its safety too. Its a time consuming process but it will be adding some sound value.
Manifaro

From Kuwait, Kuwait
roger cadion

Alternatively should cost be a real issue...
Print an ID with 4 or 5 boxes at the back of it giving you a space to place a sticker with a date validity. you can place the sticker every anniversary date of the employee (i.e. during signing of contract renewal)
Hope that helps. :-)

From Saudi Arabia, Khobar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.