No Tags Found!

IBSEMEA
Dear Amar Manohar,
I think it's so very simple issue you have not care about and don't not take it more personally, You'know, we just started a scientific survey about this kind of issues, it will be great if you take a part in over this link: http://goo.gl/w5YuSL or get it from my signature.
Anyway, Good Luck

From Egypt, Alexandria
P. Sabat

Dear Friend.
Please report (Verbally warning)by .Mr./Shri./........
to your Reporting Manager marking Cc. to Factory Manager & HR Dept/Personal File. Take a received copy from union/s and file it in the personal file of the person/leader.
2. Pls understand it is the image of company/management and you are the face of management for Union/s. Therefore, they can not dictate in this way whether you are a male or female. It is the company who has appointed you to deal with them and not the Union/s.
3. This will clear massage to union/s from the management that nobody is above the laws/standing order.
4. Reporting in writing will become a file for future course of action. Which is good for management.
5. Make sure, your seniors should stand for you to support.
6. If they are matured Union/s, then they will understand and submit their representation.
7. But, don\'t forget to behave with them properly till you are an employee.
Regards\'
PS

From India, Bangalore
Sovik Bhattachaerjee

Hi

All ,

I would like to thank MR UMA KANTHAN for his valuable suggestion & sharing valuable feedback. I want to share something, boldly & loudly, first I admit Indian education system is full of errors, that's why a person who deserve 90% gets 40% & vice -versa.

Anyway, the reason I shared these information because I feel some people here possess half knowledge. FYI Half knowledge is dangerous then no knowledge.

Those who are providing so many dialogues about laws, HR or accounts, audits bla....bla.....bla, they might have forgot that in India maximum lawyer cant afford own chamber, we call them ' Under the tree lawyer-Jokes apart'. My point is becoming a lawyer or HR manager or CA or CS is not harmful, but what is harmful is to become Judge & provide judgment with half knowledge of management, Law & accounts!

First, Management is not always right & same is true with Trade Union leader. Its better to be neutral while judging a situation. Some important points are:

1. MRS/MISS X may be HR leader, who went for a negotiation, but a company registered under companies ACT 1956 or Companies Act 2013 or a body corporate is not above law.

2. MRS /Miss X may went for negotiation with Trade Union, she may represent Management or Company, this does not certify that she will always be innocent , and as she is a female, we have to show sympathy for what ever she does. Whatever she will say, will be truth. And trade union leader will be liar.

3. Asking someone to stop & act like a female by a trade leader is not a crime, we must understand on what circumstances this conversation happened. If Trade Union leader, is not comfortable to speak with a female HR, then trade union must be given a chance to speak with Male HR of equivalent authority.

4. Even if trade union leader is guilty, management is no one to act beyond the scope of law & to sentence a legal verdict.

My friend, why are we not accepting the truth that Management prefer Hire female in HR domain as compared to male, as they want to save their ass. We are standing in 21st century, we are claiming that man & woman are equal. But if employee or labour face a grievance, wish to speak with HR, then he have to polite with the HR if she is female, else management or HR herself try to attract sympathy of public as she is a HR.

Management know very well, if they are connected with a forgery & do fraudulent activity , or suck blood of employees, still public cant misbehave or show anger if HR is female, sympathy issue. Thus management save their ass during heat of the moment. If someone challenge, or don't wish to speak with Female HR still management plays immoral tactics especially with Trade Unions via female HR, who use her female hood fruitfully during negotiation.

We all know the truth, why management prefer female employee in HR domain still we remain silent. Because Indians are still bonded labor! These days, management don't hesitate to draft in sourcing add, that they want only female. Why this discrimination? We all know the strategies of management behind this but still we have to remain silent. My FRIEND THOSE GOOD OLD DAYS OF PVT COMPANIES ARE COMMING TO END. ENOUGH OF SHARADA & STAYAM, WE DONT WANT MORE. THOSE WHO ARE IN TRUE MANAGER & A BIT EDUCATED, THEY WOULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD WHAT I MEAN TO SAY.

CASE STUDIES-

I have one simple question, being an employee of a company who is doing forgery, if I shout to protect my right, publicly, am I a criminal? HR as usual, will try their best to save the management , in order to save their job, if in anger I say ' Being a lady, you should shut up & act like a lady' , am I a criminal? I cant say, directly to that female HR- ' Are you a harlot of MD', as public will kill me, because of sympathy of public will be with HR ,as she is a FEMALE.

Now say, who is criminal & whose fault is there? Why does companies hesitate to hire male employees in HR domain as compared to female?

SO WHAT YOU ALL SUGGEST ?, FROM TODAY SHOULD WE NOT FOLLOW LAWS OF LAND BECAUSE I/WE MUST RESPECT HR-FEMALE, TREAT HER AS QUEEN, EVEN IF SHE ACT LIKE SNAKE/ OR FRAUD OR CRIMINAL. WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE SITUATION, WE SHOULD START GIVING JUDGEMENT BASED ON PRE-CONCEIVED NOTION. WE SHOULD BE MORE LEANED TOWARD FEMALE THEN MALE.

THEN LETS STOP LISTENING, LETS STOP PROBING AND LETS START GIVING JUDGEMENT BASED ON SYMPATHY.

Regards

Sovik B

From India, Mumbai
Sovik Bhattachaerjee

Hi

All,

Those who wish to consider me uncivilized, they can consider me so. I am not against the sex female. I don't prefer to discriminate person on the basis of sex, colour, caste, creed , religion or sex. But what I have said are bitter truth, rather naked truth.

This is the way, these days management work, they utilize people very cleverly, sometimes people themselves don't understand the situation or reason. But these does not mean all female HR's are useless, all companies are corrupted & nothing is positive.

I am filled with +ve wipes, even I had chosen HR as career by getting inspired from two great lady HR's. Out of them, I consider one as my 'GURU', currently she is working as a VP -HR in a fortune 500 company, rather a Global Banking Network.

I am not proud of anything, but I hate these strategy of management of saving their ass , during heat of the moment ,by keeping female employees in HR domain. While making judgment, of situation we stress too much on sympathy.

We all know the truth, what happens these days in maximum PVT companies, how they treat employees, exploit, still we remain silent. To show the world that we are clever, we are highly educated. If we cant do anything good for others, then we have no right to harm others.

Union Leaders, are human beings, if they fight for survival, for their stomach. Its not that food is only for HR's, Management, or Mid-level employees, even the labors & their family require food. We know how management deal. We know how maximum HR deals.

I am not certifying that TRADE UNION LEADERS are always correct. IF SOMEONE IS ILLITRATE , LITTLE LESS EDUCATED, WORK AS LABOR, AND FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL, THEN HE SHOULD BE RESPECTED MORE THEN A MANAGING DIRECTOR.

LAWS ARE MADE FOR WELFARE OF PEOPLE & PEOPLE ARE NOT MADE FOR LAW. EACH SITUATION IS DIFFERENT, AND SHOULD BE ANALYZED SEPERATELY. BLOODY HOW MANY HR SHOUT FOR A LABOUR,WHEN HR OR MANAGEMENT TREAT HIM LIKE A DOG?

WE ARE IN CIVILIZED SOCITY, SO WE HAVE TO LIVE LIKE MONKEYS OF GANDHI, WHO NEVER SEE EVAIL, SPEAK EVAIL OR HEAR EVAIL.

Sorry, if I have hurt sentiment of anyone. I was student of Ramakrishna Misssion Rahara, follow ideology of Swami Vivekananda, so I also fall in the category of labour, even cleaned public high drains for hygiene. That's why cant accept that management is always right or Trade union is always right, or always HR follows LAWS, standing orders, they never use immoral or illegal means, or their judgment is always as good as almighty.

Biggest fact is, under such circumstances, management encourage female HR to tackle the irate employees/trade union leaders, a huge strategic advantage, legal vision & cunning course of action is there. HR MUST BE MATURE ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH SUCH SITUATION.

Regards

Sovik B

Managing Director

S.S ENTERPRISE

From India, Mumbai
saumyaghildiyal

That's seriously sexist & a disgusting remark. This remark clearly has a sexual overtone to it & the complaints committee didnt take any action is downright sad & disappointing.Thankfully in our organization we don't let go off easily such people. Strict actions have been taken in the past.
From India, Mumbai
sekar2014

There is a threat element in the union leader's remark.
There may be many views but the most practical is to ignore the remark as show-manship, rather than aggravate the issue. Normally union leaders are very friendly in private discussions and she can tell him that the language/intent can be easily misinterpreted by others.
sekar

From India, Mumbai
Adv. Manoj Liyonzon

One of my colleagues female friend is HR with an MNC company which have union from last 05 years. She is one of senior employee over there. Due to some salary issues she had argument with Union Leader, and during the argument the Union Leader threatened her that ' you are lady be like a lady' , for which she got very disappointed. Pl suggest what step she should take against him as per law.
Dear Amar
If she is so desperate towards legal action upon the person, then ask her to lodge a complaint on the same to higher officials. On the same constitute a committe & let it conduct enquiry. Ensure the committee consist of a lawyer & 50% of committee members are females. Let the committee decide furtherance is the best & safest way.
Ensure you escalate upon a valid & truthfull reason

From India, Chennai
s9consulting

Good Evening Mr.Amar,
My suggestion would be to make the concerned union leader to give a presentation on the topic " ' you are lady be like a lady' and ask him to elaborate on a serious note and video shoot his presentation and next ask the lady concerned to explain her reason and point of view and both of them have to give their presentations in polite manner and not using any foul language. One thing you have to keep in mind is patch them up and see that they are responsible for the company.Do not resort to any legal action , when this thing can be sorted out on amicable and professional terms of conduct.
Think
regards
ashwin

From India, Hyderabad
Jayita.Das

Dear Amar

I would agree to some of my colleagues here who have mentioned that the case described here is only a one sided version, and it is very important to know both sides of the story before coming to a conclusion. Also, legal action is too extreme a measure, and yes, it may provoke the said Union Leader to cause more harm in terms of physical attack, attack on family, etc. towards the said HR Lady. So, being completely neutral, I would suggest that before resorting to legal action, let a senior official/member of management talk to the said Union Leader, of course "How" the message is conveyed is more important that "What" message is conveyed. If the dialogue was only a matter of "heat of the moment" and this was a first such offence of the said Union Leader, he may be relieved with rebuking and an apology to the Lady. For a second or third offence of such misbehavior, a warning letter can be issued and the matter can be handled more sternly. But a legal action/chargesheet should be taken if the said Union Leader has been committing such misbehavior a lot. Also, it is important to note the definition of misbehaviour in the company's Code of Conduct and Sexual Harassment Policy.

It is true that Union Leaders do resort to actions that would show-off their power in front of the workers, but it is also to be noted that repeated such behaviour should not be tolerated as it only gives an impression that such behaviour is acceptable by the management. It is important to protect the respect of the management staff, both male and female. The comment made in this case was a sexist comment, and it should be communicated to the said Union Leader that such remarks, made in any context whatsoever, is not acceptable.

From India, Bhubaneswar
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.