No Tags Found!

View Poll Results: Is this Thread Knowledgable
Yes 426 90.25%
No 46 9.75%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

mahendar.aluri
I am unable to attach the file so, I am pasting here.....

Assessment budget ceiling experience facilities forecast

interview mediation mismanagement motivation objective peak

potential predecessor retirement session stipulation supervision

1. He has reached the peak of his career.

2. This morning's staff development ________session____________ will be held in the conference room.

3. There are very good sports __________facilities_________ on the company premises.

4. Older staff are planning what they will do in _________retirement___________.

5. They made a complete ______assesmant______________ of each employee's contribution to the organisation.

6. The company failed because of the chairman's _____mismanagement_______________ of capital assets.

7. The applicant was pleasant and had the right qualifications, but unfortunately he did not have any

relevant ______experience______________.

8. Our main recruitment ____objective____ is to have well-qualified staff.

9. The dispute was ended through the ____mediation_______________ of union officials.

10. Employees showing leadership ______potential______________ will be chosen for management training.

11. He took over the job from his _______predecessor_____________ last May.

12. She is very experienced and can be left to work without any ______supervision______________

13. What _______ceiling____________ has the government put on wage increases this year?

14. The contract has a _______stipulation_____________ that the new manager has to serve a three-month

probationary period.

15. I am going for an ______interview______________ for a new job next week.

16. We need to draw up a ____budget________________ for salaries for the coming year.

17. We believe that the sales manager's _______forecast_____________ of higher turnover next year is a bit

optimistic.

18. I think our sales staff lack ______motivation______________. They don't seem very keen and haven't been

working well recently.

From India, Madras
shailesh i

2. This morning's staff development ___Session_________ will be held in the conference room.

3. There are very good sports ____facilities_________ on the company premises.

4. Older staff are planning what they will do in ___retirement____________.

5. They made a complete _____Assessment______ of each employee's contribution to the organisation.

6. The company failed because of the chairman's ___Mismanagement____ of capital assets.

7. The applicant was pleasant and had the right qualifications, but unfortunately he did not have any

Relevant __experience______.

8. Our main recruitment ________objective_____ is to have well-qualified staff.

9. The dispute was ended through the ____mediation________ of union officials.

10. Employees showing leadership ______Potential_______ will be chosen for management training.

11. He took over the job from his ___predecessor______ last May.

12. She is very experienced and can be left to work without any __supervision_____________

13. What __ceiling_______ has the government put on wage increases this year?

14. The contract has a _stipulation___________ that the new manager has to serve a three-month

probationary period.

15. I am going for an ____interview___________ for a new job next week.

16. We need to draw up a ___budget___________ for salaries for the coming year.

17. We believe that the sales manager's __forecast_________ of higher turnover next year is a bit

optimistic.

18. I think our sales staff lack _motivation____________. They don't seem very keen and haven't been

working well recently.

From India, Jabalpur
ram2hr

Dear Shailesh Please try Answering the New Exercise Working Words which is in my recent posts....Thanks for your contribution..... Regards, Ramkishore
From India, Bangalore
ram2hr

Answers for Working Words
1. with / from / This / on
2. which / one / the
3. ago / used / These / to / or
4. of / manages or seems
5. the / where
6. Between / by
7. of / most or many / near
8. to / no / of
9. not / even / at or over
10. on / be
11. Unless / will / a
12. at / knowing / would / in
13. what / from / was
14. At / more / since or as or because / had
15. as / anyone or anybody or everybody
16. who / just
17. with / made
18. from / until / that / off
19. by / had
20. in / to / of / which
Regards,
Ramkishore

From India, Bangalore
priyaashan

My answers to working words

1. I enjoy working with people who come with a wide range of backgrounds. This is the reason why I'm so keen on working in Human Resources.

2. ‘Hands On’, which is in the city centre, is one of the biggest employment agencies in the country.

3. A few years back, people had to have the same career for life. Nowadays, they can reasonably expect to change careers two to three times.

4. In spite of being rather lazy, he always used to get good results.

5. He spent the second year of his contract working in the Melbourne office, where he helped to double the sales figures.

6. In 2001 and 2005, the accession rate in this company increased to about 20% each year.

7. One or two of our employees commute from London, but neither of them live in the office.

8. I'm afraid to say he has absolutely no chance of getting the job.

9. Staff are not allowed to leave early, except if they promise to work overtime during the Weekend.

10. Please come on time to the meeting, and be prepared to stay late.

11. Did you do really well in your attainment test, you should be asked to attend the retraining course.

12. We discussed holding the interviews at our Bristol branch, but in view of (considering) how many people are to apply for the position, we decided to use our bigger offices at Birmingham.

13. In most respects he was a typical employee, but what made him different was everybody else in the company lacks his enthusiasm for working at weekends.

14. At least 60 people turned up for the presentation, which was far more than the Organisers expected, and because there were only 20 chairs, most of us had to stand.

15. Managers are not capable of making mistakes as anyone else.

16. Pauline Halmsworth, a production manager who works in our Chicago department, has currently received an ‘Employee of the Year’ award.

17. He approached the training course with enthusiasm, and showed excellent progress as a result.

18. She worked for the company from the age of 26 till she retired, and during that time she only took one or two days of sick.

19. Her sudden change of heart took everyone by surprise, since previously she had been very interested in the project.

20. Reduction in demand has led to the cancellation of several new projects which we had hoped to implement.

From India, Bangalore
ram2hr

Kindly Try to Answer The Word Building - Opposites Regards, Ramkishore
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Opposites.doc (51.0 KB, 95 views)

ram2hr

Kindly Try to Answer The Word Building - Opposites Regards, Ramkishore
From India, Bangalore
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc Opposites.doc (51.0 KB, 45 views)

Manasi_bhosle@yahoo.in
There are 18 words connected with human resources in the box below. Use them to complete the sentences. The first one has been done for you as an example.

peak

2. This morning's staff development ___________ session _________ will be held in the conference room.

3. There are very good sports _______ facilities ____________ on the company premises.

4. Older staff are planning what they will do in __ retirement __________________.

5. They made a complete _____ Assessment _______________ of each employee's contribution to the organisation.

6. The company failed because of the chairman's ___ mismanagement _________________ of capital assets.

relevant _____ experience _______________.

8. Our main recruitment ______ objective ______________ is to have well-qualified staff.

9. The dispute was ended through the ______ mediation _____________ of union officials.

10. Employees showing leadership ________ Potential ____________ will be chosen for management training.

11. He took over the job from his _____ Predecessor _______________ last May.

12. She is very experienced and can be left to work without any ____ supervision ________________

13. What ____ Ceiling _______________ has the government put on wage increases this year?

14. The contract has a ______ Stipulation ______________ that the new manager has to serve a three-month

probationary period.

15. I am going for an _____ Interview _______________ for a new job next week.

16. We need to draw up a ______ Budget ______________ for salaries for the coming year.

17. We believe that the sales manager's ____ Forecast ________________ of higher turnover next year is a bit

optimistic.

18. I think our sales staff lack ______ Motivation ______________. They don't seem very keen and haven't been

working well recently.

From India, Pune
Indrani1986

2. This morning's staff development session will be held in the conference room.

3. There are very good sports __facilities_________________ on the company premises.

4. Older staff are planning what they will do in retirement.

5. They made a complete Assessment of each employee's contribution to the organisation.

6. The company failed because of the chairman's mismanagement of capital assets.

7. The applicant was pleasant and had the right qualifications, but unfortunately he did not have any relevant experience.

8. Our main recruitment objective is to have well-qualified staff.

9. The dispute was ended through the _____mediation______________ of union officials.

10. Employees showing leadership potential will be chosen for management training.

11. He took over the job from his ___predecessor_________________ last May.

12. She is very experienced and can be left to work without any _____supervision

13. What ceiling has the government put on wage increases this year?

14. The contract has a ____stipulation________________ that the new manager has to serve a three-month probationary period.

15. I am going for an interview for a new job next week.

16. We need to draw up a _____ budget_______________ for salaries for the coming year.

17.We believe that the sales manager's forecast of higher turnover next year is a bit optimistic.

18. I think our sales staff lack motivation. They don't seem very keen and haven't been working well recently.

From India
priyaashan

My answers to Word building - opposites
1. Indirect
2. biased/ unjustified
3. Incompetent
4. different / incompatible
5. inadequate / insufficient
6. unusual/irregular
7. unconditional
8. incapable
9. un official / illegal.
10. indecisive
11. irrecoverable
12. ineligible
13. dissatisfied
14. inexperienced.
15. Ineffective
16. in acceptable.
17. in competent
18. insolvent
19. intangible
20. un authorized
21. impossible.
22.unreasonable

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.