No Tags Found!

plesehelp
Thanks Sanjeev. Please note that in this case it is only me and my boss who is a part of a larger setup (I mean our is not a sole propreitorship) and nobody else. Whenever I have approached him for additional responsibilities he has given me assurances and some petty work but not a full fledged role. Secondly he feels upset if I approach the HR to discuss the things. I mean if he wants to sack me why is he worried about me approaching the HR, in fact that would be nice for him, he can cookup some stuff and ease my retirement. Regarding my skill set you will be surprised that he does not know what I am capable of handling and this I am saying based on my experience about he having been surprised on me managing some tasks which he felt was someone's else's work. So even if I have the skills that are desired he will never know about it since he hardly interacts with me and has never ever made an effort to figure out what I can do nor has allowed me an opportunity to present it to him
From India, Mumbai
Karthikeyan.KN
Hi,
Firstly, dont get bored at your work; instead Love your job what you do.
When you feel that you have less work, i would request you
- take additional responsibilities yourself
- help your co-workers at their work
- performance might also bring you up to move to your other branch in the Group
- at a place where you have less, you will have lots to learn
- you have stated that "most of the time you are idle", this might be noted by others & that may be the case for not giving u additional responsibilities. Instead, whatever work you do should be accurate & delivered on time. Most importantly to be noted.
Advice
Karthik

From India, Madras
Saipavithra

Please try to think out of box and take this as a challenge and make this as an opportunity to show your creativity in your positions. with regards,
From India, Madras
plesehelp
Thanks Karthik. I would be more than happy to help my coworkers provided I know what they do and that they are willing to pass that to me. As I hve mentioned earlier they are quite happy amongst them and does not like an intruder unless some concrete steps r taken by my boss and he ropes me in with them in their part of work. My boss has never ever taken any initiative in the past 1 year to sit and talk to me alongwith them and make clear to them about me also being a part of their team. Worst of all, I do not understand why he does not permit me to speak to HR
From India, Mumbai
samantraj

Hello..
I am back....
Hav been seeing all the reply posts. Some nice suggestions too.
First thing, I hav to appreciate your zeal to do more..keep it up.
Don't get disheartened.....every day is a new day.
Always love your job and not the company.
Go on with the job for a fixed time of say a month or two and even then the situation remains, without second thoughts jump to a new company.
Not all companies give you the same situation. Job hopping is a useful excuse too.
Regards,
Samant Raj

From India, Secunderabad
plesehelp
Please I want to stay with the org. as I see a good future provided I can get thru this boss. this org. has all the dept. that I would love to rotate within which in case of job hopping is a probability. Please tell me how I get my boss to speak to HR alongwith me so that he also has a better understanding of my skills and may be the HR if they think fit can shift me to other branches/offices where I can add more value
From India, Mumbai
mukeshkumarn

Same old saying...love your job nt ur company.I belive u love ur job...then wats the wrong with u
From India, Madras
plesehelp
No I do not love the current profile the way I love the other profile and that was the only reason I joined them since my boss said I will be given work on the other profile but it seems it was all in the air. Now I want him to be accountable for that and not just give me false assurances.
From India, Mumbai
mukeshkumarn

i do understand wats happening.Wat is ur designation?wat work is given to u?Jus wanna knw.Is it match with all...and want to knw the promises given by ur boss??
From India, Madras
shamanth

Dear,
It's very simple. U said that most of the time you sit idle, at that time think for innovative and creative ideas of doing your present work to impress him/her. And also have a talk with him, before that just think that u r right? And just look at yourself by standing in the shoes of your Boss, definately you will get solution.
And dont think that one fine day someone will come and solve my problem, start immeduiately to solve your problem yourself.
Good Luck....

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.