No Tags Found!

Anonymous
Hi,

I am an MBA with 2 yrs of experince. I was working in an MNC IT Company as recruiter [ On Contract]... and very recently I moved from IT to Retail with good hike on my CTC..... Now I am part of a leading retail chain.

My current role is Core HR Function [Generalist] and on roll of the company.

Now I am confused about my decision, was it a right decision by moving from IT to this domain and what will be my future. Will I be stuck to same company or will I get chance again to work in IT or in MNC or Bigger Corporates.

What do you guys think about this? please suggest as I am in dilemma about my choice.

Waiting for advice

Regards

HR99

From India, Bangalore
sriharirajun

Hi 99,
Nice to meetu. This is raju from hyd. I think u have taken good decision.. Recruitment is not only total HR. my point of view. who wants to become as a hr profession. they should be expert in core hr domain. in Core Hr domain u can face T&D, PMS, J&D. C&B, etc., let us see our senior views also.
Thanks and REgards
sree

From India, Pune
Aravindsurendran

HI,
To be a complete HR Professional you should never be industry specific
or domain specific.
As you improve as a HR Professional you should also move across the industies
and also across the verticals to have the complete growth.
This will add value since you understand the business and the larger picture
and will be possible for you to connect with the core HR activities and strategies.
Rgs,
S.Aravind.

From India, Madras
million_dazzles
hi hr 99,
if u have noticed an hr head of any company or i must say of mostly all companies will be a person who has over all hr knowledge i mean all spheres n areas, doin alone recruitment wil not benefit u in the long run i'l tel me u y cos u'l never find any company creatin headof recruitments, training etc... u'l find only head of hr havin hands on full knowledge pertainin to everythin , i think u have done absolutely the rite thing n iam sure everybody wil agree to u, as far as sectors are concerned only fmcg n to a certain extend telecom sector are sector specific but in hr if the person has crediable track record they are welcomed with open arms... all the best

From India, New Delhi
bindhya@cessnatech.com

Hi,
As you have already joined the new company please dont think a lot about the decision that you have made, recruitment is just a part of HR, this new role of an HR Generalist will surely help in your Career growth. If you worry about the decision that you have currently made then you will not be able to perform well in the new organisation, so be positive and take it up as a challenge.
All the Best

From India, New Delhi
seemagoswami
Well first thing whether you are looking for career or money both right now you have both so concentrate on your work rather than thinking too much.....
Whether to work in IT or Non IT that is your call and the better person to judge this will be you yourself* !!! why did i go for non IT i guess !!!

From India, Pune
madhu_gupta

hi HR99
Its good step for your career , recruitment is a only a part of Hr profile .and become a Hr manager and senior level of employee you have a good command on core HR profile so go ahead
best wishes for you !!!!
Regards
madhu

From India, Delhi
Anonymous
Thanks all, for the encouraged words…!!
Since it was initial few days I felt like that.. but as u guys have suggested I will concentrate on my new role henceforth.
My only concern was about domain change which mite hamper my career growth, which u guys have cleared with valuable suggestions and advices…
Thanks once again…

From India, Bangalore
sanyalanjan

Never restrict HR to any specific Industry. The HR practises have a very huge canvas, which goes beyond industry. It is extremely important to build up competencies, in depth knowledge and most important to use intelligence to align with the business goals and objectives. These are the attributes which holds goods in any industry. This simple tips may be useful in our professional career.
From India, Mathura
swati.jain0104

Hi HR 99,
As others has rightly pointed out that to become an HR professional you need not to be industry specific.
Hence please concentrate on your work and make your current role good learning experience.
all the best
Swati

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.