No Tags Found!

Katyayna
Hi Everyone,
I have queries relating to serving the notice period and full & final settlement thereof.
Background :
One of my friend, who is working with a big corporate company has resigned from the job and was to serve 30 days notice period to the company as per the clause in the appointment letter. But as he had to join his new company within 15 days, he requested to relieve him in 15 days and gave them proper handover during his 15 days notice period, which the company agreed to verbally.
Now, his settlement is not being done by the company and his salary for the previous month and 15 day notice duration is kept on hold giving reason that he has not served the complete notice period of 30 days.
Queries :
1. What should the employee do to get his salary for the number of days he worked with that company?
2. If the company doesn't co-coperate, what other options the employee can opt for gettting his salary paid ?
Regards,
Katyayna

From India
mukesh.sharma

Dear Katyana
if one month notice period term & condition mentioned in the appointment letter it is employers right to deduct the notice period
employee bound to serve the notice period and employer bound to give the notice period payment time of terminated , as per term and condition as per appointment letter
Regards
mukesh sharma

From India, Delhi
maheshtnair

Hi
The company cannot keep the matter open for long. Most appointment letters would have a clause enabling the firm to deduct the salary amount due for shortage in serving the notice period. I think your colleague should pressurize the firm to pay up what is due to him after deducting the shortage in notice period.
If the firm is unwilling to see the logic, the only other option, I guess, would be to approach the labour officer and file a complaint
Regards
Mahesh T Nair

From India, Coimbatore
lachman.menawat
Dear Mr Katyayana,
Normally in all appointment letters notice is from both side, and any one if fails to serve notice employer/employee will pay one month salary. Since yr friend has served a notice but this period is short by 15 days, in normal cae any good company will deduct 15 days wages from his settlement amount and pay balance. This is the normal practice.
Your friend should speak to HR of the company.
regds
Ls

From India, Lucknow
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.