No Tags Found!

sundarjayram

A Lateral Puzzle For You

Haris father decided to send hari to the nearby village called "Rampur" to fetch some articles.Hari never stepped out side his village. So haris father gave him following instructions:

1.Go straight from our village and you will see a junction. The junction divides road into two parts. One road leads to "Rampur" and another road leads to another village called "Ravanpur".

2.All the people of "Rampur" speak truth at all times.

3.All the people of "Ravanpur" speak lies at all times.

As per the directions given by his father hari went and found the junction which divided road into two parts. But hari was not sure which road would take him to "Rampur". In the junction a girl was there. Hari knew that the girl is either from "Rampur" or "Ravanpur".

NOW COMES THE QUESTION.

By asking only one question to the girl how hari can know which road leads to "Rampur". In other words what question should hari ask to the girl present at junction to know the route to "Rampur".

(Try to answer the question by taking into consideration all the facts mentioned above. I will post the answer of the question after three days. Till then keep trying. I am sure a lot of people will be able to solve it. All the best and thank you for taking time to read it.)

Regards

Sundarjayram,

From India, Bhubaneswar
gunchu_shahi

Hari will ask " HOw will we go to your village".
If she is from Rampur, whatever she says is true.
If she is from Ravanpur, she will say lies and hance Hari will take another route.
I hope it is correct.
Good one :)

From India, New Delhi
nehabagga

He would ask her if she is a girl, if she says no then she is from ravanpur else from rampur? And then he can knowthe woute accordingly Neha
From India, Chandigarh
tm_b

Lets say Road A leads to ravanpur and B leads to Rampur
He should ask which Road doesn’t go to Rampur…..and should take the opposite road ..
a) If the girl is from Rampur then she will tell the right answer that road A does not go to Rampur and he will know that he should take Road B
b) If the girl is from Ravanpur then she will tell the wrong answer that Road A goes to Rampur and he will know that he has to take the Road B
Howwwzat ?

From United Kingdom
nn_tiwari

He will ask which road goes to your village if she is from Rampur certainly she will show the write rout/road of Rampur.
If she is from Ravanpur certainly she will lie and show the rout/road of Rampur.
In both way he will be shown the raod of Rampur.
Cheers.
N N Tiwari

From India, New Delhi
sweta jain

Hi,
Hope this one would be correct :wink:
Firstly Hari should identify whether the girl is speaking truth or not . He can do so by asking the girl a question regarding the name of his village like this straight road goes to which village(Suppose hari's village name is Sitapur). If the girl Knows the name of village she will ans it correctly ( i.e Sitapur)and if she dont know the answer she will say " I don't know" in both the way Hari can easily judge whether the girl is speaking truth or not and Accordingly Hari can Ask the way to Rampur. :D
Rgrds,
Sweta

From India, Raipur
Spruce

Hi Sundar, Hari can ask the girl can she guide him the way to her hometown "Rampur" ? Regards, Pooja
From India, Calcutta
resha
Hi Sundar, Can you please tell us the answer now.... Really waiting for it. Regards, Resha
From India, Mumbai
sundarjayram

Hi Resha & Ruchi,

You wanted to know the answer to the lateral puzzle. As promised by me I had posted the answer long back. It goes by the name "answer to the lateral puzzle." You can find it in this section(training and development).
If unable to locate kindly gothrough this link
<link no longer exists - removed>
Regards
sundarjayram.

From India, Bhubaneswar
HR4NATION

Hi,
I have not clicked the link. But jus a guess
He will choose a path and ask the girl 'If i go this way, can i reach ravanpur, where people always speak lie';
Assume the way which he showed is Ravanpur,
If the girl is from Rampur, she will say Yes. If she is from Ravanpur she cannot say yes and will say only No. and he can choose the other way.
Assume the way as Rampur
If the girl is from Rampur, she wil say yes. If she is from ravanpur she will say, yes and the guy can take the alterante route.
Not sure! I will check the link after posting it.

From India, Madras
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.