View Poll Results: What course of action this chap needs to take?
Should ask for written explaination for his termination and fiht for his rights?g 162 68.35%
Forgot the incident as a pinch of salt in his carrier & serach some other job 75 31.65%
Voters: 237. You may not vote on this poll

rkandadai

Here is a small diagram for you all to look into it and introspect, If we consider HR as central part of any organizations then, all Entry and Exit of new and existing employees rests in the hands of HR and respective department heads, if that is the case then we as HR if we all accept the fact that there certain obligations that rests in the hands of HR ..Where do we stand? Concern for Employer and Concern for employee?
When we have struggled lots to understand and get set with our positions, we then obviously must have learnt important things during our course of learning, if that is right then it is we who are supposed to get well equipped with expected behavior on the job, which is what we translate to all the employees.
For me , I feel that we should all start treating everybody in and out of office as our customers and when we treat everybody as our customers , we will try our level best to treat all to keep them happy and satisfied, during our course of actions if some customer is unhappy and don’t what to buy your solutions can you complain about it? Well all together when our customer himself is our boss then can you complain about it? I am not saying that we should work like slaves , only showing concern for employer and not employee….but the fact is we have not meet our goal in meeting the customers expected behavior. So I once again say that, lets not creep about what has gone wrong but learn from mistakes and keep moving.
There are lots of stores about our own homes where our own people say, “Get out….enough of it now…”
Lets take it with pinch of salt and keep moving as thers a lots to see and achieve further.

This will Soon Pass away ....learn from mistakes..better ourselves..but dont repeat it...

Actually my objective of creating that diagram was something else but ….that’s fine if that inspires somebody to write some things about it for our ongoing learning.

Regards,

From India, Hyderabad
Attached Files (Download Requires Membership)
File Type: doc HR Concern for Employer n Employee.doc (42.5 KB, 613 views)

Sanjeev.Himachali

I think this is a cultural issue. I have mentioned it many times on this platform that it is important for a HR Professional to be well versed with the business and culture of different organizations.

Tata’s (and for that matter Birla’s, Godrej’s, Mahindra’s and Bajaj’s ) are known for their culture and corporate tradition. I am not shocked by the reaction and reply of the organization. There was no professionalism in the introductory mail of your friend. Does he forgot that he is writing an email in a corporate environment, which will be read by all department heads…as well as MD? Does he forgot that he is not writing this email to his friends?

Such cases are not new. Earlier also many such incidents has happened….in BIG MNC’s…like DHL and Microsoft.

One should take responsibility for his behavior and actions.
I hope this will help.

Thanks and Regards
Sanjeev

From India, Mumbai
rajappa
Over enthu may not work.For a new comer to the organisation,the proper procedure is his Head takes him around and introduce other officials and also during induction programme , a get together meeting is organised .The penalty he had to pay is little harsh of course.

srajan
Really sad to hear about this... this clearly shows lack of tolerance in today's world.. Clearly even if this guy has did something against the company guideline / policy, I would not think that he deserved termination
Regards

From India, Delhi
nirupamakhare
Dear All,
May be this is the reason people say you should know the culture of the organisations.Some organisation just do not like such mails.Anyway if the HR guy is competent he will get a job and sympathizing is not the solution.

sangeetachauhan

Mr Yadav's mail was a bit childish. Many seniors and other colleagues may not like this kind of stuff.
However, this doen't call for his termination.
He should learn from this experience and be careful in future, as organizations have their own policy of introducing a new recruit. Also employees including top management are not allowed to send mail to all users at office.
I wish him all the very best for new assignment in a new company.

From India, Mumbai
medipallip
Hi,
The incident definately demoralise the HR community which is responsible and vital for any organisation whether it is big or small.I hope there is no wrong in sending the introductory mail to MD along with all. On the other hand, i could not find any mistake in his wording. The senior HR presented himself in a clear manner.
As a HR executive, he wants to create a friendly environment by presenting his flexible and sportive attitude.
Finally we express our solidarity with the Senior HR Executive and wish him all the best. From this episode i clearly understood that MD must change his attitude towards his co-employees. Otherwise, the same attitude may create problems in the organisation in future.
Regards,
Madepalli

From India, Hyderabad
mustafamk
This is very sad to hear. The guy was fit for the company, he is a talented person and i hope that his problemgets solved .
From India, Mumbai
swaminath
What ever has happened is wrong. I am sure that cannot be undone but what can certainly be done is help your friend find an appropriate job. Please ask him to mail across his CV to . Though I do not promise anything upfront, I will give it a good try. I have a soft corner for him as I was also a Commissioned officer till about a little over 2 years back. Presently though I am in a position to help him. He may also reach me at 9885744544. There is however one restraint. As I am presently put up in Hyderabad, I may only be able to help him find a job in Hyderabad. If that is fine, ask him to get in touch with me.Regards,Swaminath Adabala
From India, Hyderabad
keshava

if this has happened in Tata group, it shall be a shamefull thing in this part thay has occured.
the prerson has to ask for a writing note for termination and if he wishes can go for NHRC.
or else, if he is a cool guy, try for some other company and move on...as the proverb says better not to hit head to a stone, allthough the stone may be in the wrong path, because head will be the thing getting affected in the end.
regards
keshava

From India, Bangalore
Community Support and Knowledge-base on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.

Contact Us Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2024 CiteHR ®

All Copyright And Trademarks in Posts Held By Respective Owners.